0-60 (or 0-100) acceleration times

HorwathBence

Member +
Can you guys share with me some 0-60mph times? What was the original, and what is the modified one?
I ve got a chat with my friend, and said, no fwd streetlegal car comes under 6 secs....

After-Glanza

Member +
Standard is apparent 6.9 or maybe 7.2 i believe. A well modified glanza or gt would deffo come very close to getting less than 6 in optimal traction conditions and good driving etc etc maybe some people on here wil know a bit more.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I can get around the 6.5 - 6.7second mark but that's with a good launch. I timed it off of a Blitz power meter

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Either a prooving ground or one of those Gtec meters but they are not 100% accurate. From memory the GT was 6.9 and Glanza was 7.2 in stock guise.

T

HorwathBence

Member +
And what about the Awd starlets. How fast is em? Couse it is obvious, that normal starlets can not get there faster, becouse they are fwd...

Dave.

Member +
Stock, they were a 1.3 non turbo, so you're looking at waaaay over 10 seconds, given the power loss through a 4wd transmission

The Turbo ones are anyones guess though :)

Dave

Ted

Member +
at the quarter mile over here we get away well off the mark wet or dry. i was racing a cammed vts(he said it had a proven 153bhp) and it was like getting a 2 car length head start.

got talking to the guy and he said the printout showed i was 1 second quicker to 60ft.

at the same meet weejohn beat every scooby there and won his class. :rockon:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Can you guys share with me some 0-60mph times? What was the original, and what is the modified one?
I ve got a chat with my friend, and said, no fwd streetlegal car comes under 6 secs....

A standard Focus RS will get to 60 in 5.9secs so its bull that no FWD street legal cant do it in under 6.

TurboDave

Member +
A standard Focus RS will get to 60 in 5.9secs so its bull that no FWD street legal cant do it in under 6.

6.48 according to letstorquebhp, there is a one tuned to 235bhp but are they available to buy?

I have drove a focus RS and I personally thought that it was rubbish.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i wouldnt go by "lets torque.com" quoted 0-60mph times as they are only really based on the power to weight ratio of the car and what it should be etc. Doesnt cater for the actually individual car.......

I can assure that my car when running hits 60MPH in less then 6 secinds, without a shadow of a doubt......... With good tires might i add.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
6.48 according to letstorquebhp, there is a one tuned to 235bhp but are they available to buy?

I have drove a focus RS and I personally thought that it was rubbish.

It was an evo magazine road test that got 5.9, it doesn't matter anyway, the point was that if a stock fwd car can do a 5.9 to 60mph then a street legal fwd drag or similarly modded car could easily get well under 6secs.

Dave.

Member +
Of course its possible to hit 60 in under 6 seconds (in my opinion) in a FWD car, either with insane power (starlet3SGTE lol) and a lot of skill, or with an extra 10 years of development (Focus RS vs Starlet that is).

Dave

mudi

Member +
0-60mph is for the 4WD cars to brag, like them scoobies. but for us fwd people we gotta count from 30-90mph.

Cheers