10.0 5e TERCEL in PUERTO RICO "AUTOMATIC".

gv1.3

Admin
wow thats some machine!! thanks for posting.

hopefully the haters will stay out of this thread.

Jay

Admin
Who, the autobox haters?

Sure it isn't a party without them! :haha:

Big question though - did you retain the autobox on purpose or was it unplanned?

KrissyB

Member +
Fooking rapid matey, and an Auto too, we need some of your skills over here :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

from what i know of its a 5e with piston rods the usuall on a t3/t04e on a wolf ems, and not too sure yet on the horsepower rating on it...i would imagine over 400hp is a must.. i know the ep71 from jamaica is around the 400+hp mark

the auto trans was used because the stock transmission was the weak point c52 corolla c56 corolla ep82 parts were used and were broken on standard axles.. so they went to auto trans and its working obviously..i dont blame him either ive gone through several trannys and the synchros' really dont keep up on top end especially in 1st to 2nd shifts..i know theres a company in australia that does dog boxes for the c series transmission and i can imagine there not cheap either.. so a dog box vs an auto build also comes into play on that..

also theres another tercel out there in puerto rico symilar to this one but stick shift and has gone 6.67 in the 1/8 mile aswell and he's switching to a auto trans for the same reason aswell..

heres the video link to that tercel aswell..and it shows the setup of the motor aswell..

http://www.youtube.com/user/danntyracing#p/a/u/0/QW_myC1fluA

once again enjoy..

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
fantastic results!!

im just wondering one thing, surely the torque convertor must have been changed/upgraded right? as the stock one cant really handle over 210bhp..

insane result though!!
kon

Daniel4589

Fresh Recruit
fantastic results!!

im just wondering one thing, surely the torque convertor must have been changed/upgraded right? as the stock one cant really handle over 210bhp..

insane result though!!
kon

id be very intrested in noing this also, is the limit of the standard auto gt or glanza box in and around 210BHP. thanks

durmz

Member +
looks awesome, whats the use of a wheelie bar though on a fwd? thats not a sarcastic q btw lol

weeJohn

Lifer
looks awesome, whats the use of a wheelie bar though on a fwd? thats not a sarcastic q btw lol

Same thing as a RWD, to keep the front end down. Ideally you want a soft front suspension and rock hard rear, set high at the rear to keep the weight at the front.

For grip instead of steering.