100octane fuel

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Alright, just got back to the UK and I need to find a garage that sells 100 octane fuel. So can anyone tell me who sells it and wich do you all recommend?

Cheers peeps.
Hutch.

sx_turbo

Lifer
lol, here isnt to many.

i beleive that only bp sell 100 octane fuel, and they only sell this fuel at a couple of petrol stations, and beleive those petrol stations are based around silverstone race circuit and cost a fortune.

your best off filling up with vpower closest you can get to it. if not vpower then bp ultimate, but thats it.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
BP ultimate is only 97 though isn't it? I pretty much have to use 100 coz I get a slight knock otherwise. Althought the lower ambient temps in the UK should help lower intake temps right?

So Shell Vpower is 100 octane?

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Looks like its gonna have to be vpower then. There nearest shell garage is a 20 minute drive though! :homer: Can anyone tell me if I'm right about the cold uk temps helping to stop knock?

ChrisGT

Member +
I use Tesco99 and V Power, and tesco99 seems to do the job. But apparently it doesn't have as many cleaners or whatever as V Power. Eek.

sx_turbo

Lifer
yes ur right about the colder temps hutch, but it still shouldnt knock no matter what country your in, maybe it was a crap tune or something

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
yes ur right about the colder temps hutch, but it still shouldnt knock no matter what country your in, maybe it was a crap tune or something

It is Ricky, my dyno result proved that. 150whp @ 1bar :( A retune is on the list of things to do, my things to do list is about as long as all my limbs put together though!