200bhp possible on dinky ct9??

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaL

just asking if it is possible....is it??i know going g spec is possible....but what about just stock ct9?

GTti

Member +
I would say it's achievable, but you'd be well past its efficiency generating alot of heat in the process.

The safest way to do it would be to have head work and run as least boost as possible. Basically extract every bit of power that doesn't involve increasing the boost.

Why you would bother is another question, there are some smaller IHI turbos that would be more suited for the job. That way you could maintain the torque and midrange of the CT9.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
I would say it's achievable, but you'd be well past its efficiency generating alot of heat in the process.

The safest way to do it would be to have head work and run as least boost as possible. Basically extract every bit of power that doesn't involve increased boost.

Why you would bother is another question, there are some smaller IHI turbos that would be more suited for the job. That way you could maintain the torque and midrange of the CT9.

agreed, i'm only doing it to see what performance difference the headwork we've done has made. then it's having bigger injectors, FCON and a hyrbid turbo fitted. then the aim is 250bhp

Dan3SGTE

Member +
agreed, i'm only doing it to see what performance difference the headwork we've done has made. then it's having bigger injectors, FCON and a hyrbid turbo fitted. then the aim is 250bhp

lol... i remember when you said that over 200HP in a starlet is pointless... :)

now your aiming for 250hp....

Not saying that in a funny way by the way, just wondering why the change of opinion?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer

Not saying that in a funny way by the way, just wondering why the change of opinion?

i still sorta hold that opinion ;) limitations of front wheel drive and all that. but at the same time we've gone the whole hog on this build now, so it'd be rude not to pull some decent power outta it ;)

Dan3SGTE

Member +

i still sorta hold that opinion ;) limitations of front wheel drive and all that. but at the same time we've gone the whole hog on this build now, so it'd be rude not to pull some decent power outta it ;)

yeah fair enough.... haha...

there are limitations that can be de-limited with carefull mods and a good set up...... your car deserves the power and with 250HP you'll f*****G love it ;)

that will be one quick SR, haha

Monkfish

Member +
I'm looking at doing this and I believe it is possible, you just need to think outside the box really.

The problem with the CT9 is that over 1 Bar, as GTti quite rightly said, the turbo is outside it's efficienct range and increasing the boost further only creates more heat, effectively becoming a heat pump. There are ways around this, it's just finding the right combination that works. The crux of it is detonation. As we all know, det kills cars so we need to prevent it.

;)

GP82

Member +
It's poss to achieve 200hp with the ct9 forcing 15psi into the 4e with the proper hardware + good tune. 17psi is when you start to go beyond the ct9 effiency range

Smore

Lifer
i hit 191.1bhp on the stock ct9a on mine

but with the g-spec on makes for a different animal to drive:rockon:

Phil

Super Moderator
is simon smore?
that mean your buying a g-spec?

whats the differences in a normal tubby and a g-spec?

C

CaL

simon is smore yes....well i think he is??and nah i aint buying a g spec yet.....il just see if i can crack 200 on a dinky normal ct9

Status
Not open for further replies.