202bhp... Very disappointed.

pacman

Member +
Took my GT to Austec Racing in Crawley today, I wanted to check the afr and it turned out to be running way too rich, so much so that it went off their chart. Very disappointed with the result to be honest; I was given a printout from the previous owner @ 216bhp and a much nicer afr curve (dyno'd @ wallace performance) but that was on standard injectors. He told me he'd had 370cc's installed (which he did) and had it remapped (which I'm not so sure about) but he'd lost the printout. He claimed it was around 230 horses. Anyway, today's charts are below for your viewing pleasure.

Power/Torque:
316n68j.jpg

Power/Boost:
idvuoj.jpg

Power/AFR:
2ibktiu.jpg

Next step is to take it to Sumo in Rye to have the Unichip remapped, I spoke to their tuner this evening and he filled me with confidence that he's the guy for the job.

Spec is:
TD04 @ 1bar
Zisco ewg mani/downpipe
Zisco exhaust system
FMIC
Dastek Unichip
SARD FPR
AVCR boost controller
Nology Hotwire leads
Iridium plugs

Comments welcome.

mark1991

Member +
my td04 made 210bhp at wallace performance... i was gutted! but matty at wallace mapped my dastek just the other week and got some very very good results :)

mainly due to a worn dizzy and rotar arm along with a dump valve that was leaking a wee bit... my fault to be fair tho

weeJohn

Lifer
You can see where the power and torque graphs stop climbing in the plane they started on when the fueling gets to rich, needs a remap.

goldenvtr

Member +
far to rich lol, also youll get much better econamy from a remap so the extra power will pay for itself

Jay

Admin
Yeah, that fueling should be in the 11's, not the 10's mate. Should account for a few of your missing ponies.

A decent tune would sort her out fine.

Jay

Jay

Admin
Is that for any turbo on a 4E Jay? With any kind of management?

Pretty much.

You would still need to check for knock though, not every engine will behave identically, but in most cases I'd aim for 11.5~11.8 at WOT.

Naturally a tune it will depend on a tuners past experience, education and personal judgement.

If a tuner isn't comfortable with what he is seeing/hearing/feeling then he will make a call based on those criteria.

Jay