285.9hp atw 5efte

-Harry-

Member +
Ok its a 5efte with 8.9:1 CR and a GT2540 turbo still on moderate boost. Running the "55hp" jets with the gas.

I just picked the car up. Just put some new cams in with std. duration and 3mm more lift. Didnt make much more power but the curve is a lot fatter now.

The bottom green line is power before but with stock throttle body. Blue line is power with cams (Not much difference but holds till the limiter). The next green line up is with nitrous before. The red line is the nitrous with the cams now.

Im keen to see what it does on the track now.

dsc00047yd5.jpg

Cheers

Harry

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
thats very well done harry :D

seems like those cams worked out pretty well for u.. just wondering.. hows ur idle?

-Harry-

Member +
The idle is still fine. The cams didn't change it at all. Their only 3mm extra lift and no duration change. Honestly I was hoping for them to make more power but Im happy with what they did.

Might try some better fuel and a bigger shot of gas soon. Maybe an adjustable cam gear too.

Cheers

Harry

G

gaz_turbo1

what boost was that on? what HG you using and pistons?, thought that turbo would boost later than 4k

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Good resluts Harry top job, as Gary mentioned what boost are you running on that CR of 8.9:1 as it's a fairly large turbo. I would imagine around 18 psi or less? Have you tried running more boost with det or are you planning on lowering the CR a little more. Keep us updated :)

Best Regards,

Toby

G

gaz_turbo1

think he ran 16 psi on his last run, but don't no bout this run, the 55bhp shot of nos gave it a much better curve

-Harry-

Member +
Good resluts Harry top job, as Gary mentioned what boost are you running on that CR of 8.9:1 as it's a fairly large turbo. I would imagine around 18 psi or less? Have you tried running more boost with det or are you planning on lowering the CR a little more. Keep us updated :)

Its up on the graph there. With the gas it spikes a little to 1.3 Bar.

We tried running more boost but we had to pull timing and it made no extra horsepower. When the nitrous is engaged it drops 3 degrees of timing too. With dropping 2 degrees it had a single ping up high in the rev range so we dropped 3 just to make allowances for fuel, hot weather ect and in doing so lost 9hp. Next step will be better fuel and another 5 degrees of timing which should clear 300hp then put in the "75hp" nitrous jets.

think he ran 16 psi on his last run, but don't no bout this run, the 55bhp shot of nos gave it a much better curve

The cams was what really helped the curve. The second highest line is the nitrous without the cams and the red is with the cams. I was happy with how it came on before but this looks even better. Should run some mid to low 11's now.

Pistons are CP 8.5:1 4efte pistons which when put in the 5e shot the CR up to about 9.7 so the head was honed out and we used a 1.8 or 2mm headgasket to try and bring down the CR but its still quite high. Due to this though the turbo spools quicker and its got bucketloads of torque even off boost.

Cheers

Harry

G

gaz_turbo1

so have u got low comp pistons,because u using a 1.8-2mm HG, quality car tho, hoping for my 4wd build going to be very similar spec with same turbo and my 75 shot of nos,

-Harry-

Member +
so have u got low comp pistons,because u using a 1.8-2mm HG, quality car tho, hoping for my 4wd build going to be very similar spec with same turbo and my 75 shot of nos,

The idea was to go an 8.5:1 CR 4efte engine but I changed my mind to go the 5e. The 5e causes the compression to go right up so the gasket was used to drop it a little but its still rather high.

The cams used were some a set of second hand re-grinds that I found for dirt cheap. only 3mm extra lift over the 4efte cams that were in it. I'm not sure what size the 5efhe cams are. That was my other option but they were a fair bit more expensive

G

gaz_turbo1

so what are u using a stock 5e bottom end with just a 2mm HG?,
have u got a link with all ur engine spec?

-Harry-

Member +
Heres the engine spec:

5efe block and crank, 4efte head and sump, Mild head work, ported top of head to lower comp ratio, Custom inlet plenum, 3mm extra lift cams, stock valve gear and head bolts, CP 8.5:1 pistons, PAR 5e rods rated at 200hp per rod, ground crank, asl Bearings, 720cc injectors, walbro pump, standard fuel rail and pressure reg, Modified CAS, 4x bocsh coils, 9mm leads, 1x -12 breather to a custom made catch can. Swift GTi radiator Custom exhaust manifold, Garret GT2540 turbo, 3" dump and 3" exhaust

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Thanks for the info Harry. Would you not be better to run lower compression pistons, that is the route we are taking. We plan for 10cc lower comp pistons, a little chamber work and a thicker head gasket. From my calcs a 10cc drop in piston, a 1.6mm gasket and a little chamber work should give around 7.8:1 which will be good for around 1.8 bar on a HKS GT2835R..

T