3SGTE start up: A closer look.

Wink

Fresh Recruit
Whats the big secret with the engine mount?

i remember someone doing this to a starlet about 5 years back on this site but i think he struggled to get everything working right.

That is a seriously tight fit....... How are you going to mod the engine further from its stock 210bhp (Looks like an engine from an st185) is there any room for improved manifolds, turbos or even changing the charge cooler?

Texx

Super Moderator
More videos please?!

This is still my favourite:

[video=youtube;te1jKKHHDhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1jKKHHDhU&feature=related[/video]

Jay

Admin
I feel my IQ draining away just listening to him.

Comedy moment when he starts the Cordia and nearly gases himself though.

TheStarletGT

Member +
Whats the big secret with the engine mount?

i remember someone doing this to a starlet about 5 years back on this site but i think he struggled to get everything working right.

That is a seriously tight fit....... How are you going to mod the engine further from its stock 210bhp (Looks like an engine from an st185) is there any room for improved manifolds, turbos or even changing the charge cooler?
1. In terms of tight fit, there is actually more room than you can imagine. Some parts may be close to chassis but there is enought room to play with.

2. yes, its a ST185 version 3SGTE

3: Any internal work will not affect anything outside, so what you see will be as in the video. I can fit a front mount intercooler anytime, pipework will be simple as pie. The only area where i would have to investigate is if i fit a aftermarket manifold and turbo, may be close to front of car but it should fit alright with no major hassle.

This conversion is SETUP A >

Standard engine, ecu, turbo etc.

Setup B will involve major performance upgrades to acheive minimum 450-500HP, and as you may be aware, this is a 3SGTE so yeh, that power can easily be achieved with supporting mods and the over supply of aftermarket items.

buckets

Member +
1. In terms of tight fit, there is actually more room than you can imagine. Some parts may be close to chassis but there is enought room to play with.

2. yes, its a ST185 version 3SGTE

3: Any internal work will not affect anything outside, so what you see will be as in the video. I can fit a front mount intercooler anytime, pipework will be simple as pie. The only area where i would have to investigate is if i fit a aftermarket manifold and turbo, may be close to front of car but it should fit alright with no major hassle.

This conversion is SETUP A >

Standard engine, ecu, turbo etc.

Setup B will involve major performance upgrades to acheive minimum 450-500HP, and as you may be aware, this is a 3SGTE so yeh, that power can easily be achieved with supporting mods and the over supply of aftermarket items.

id be inclined to think if ou built it for drag racing you might of been better off building up a standerd forged lump as you get better times i think ,cant wait to see you takin it out for a drive :)