4EFTE - Cylinder 1 & 2 Running Rich.

SalmanGT

Fresh Recruit
Hi All,

I recently did 4efte Swap in EP71,
The engine came with complete wiring except map sensor and igniter connectors, which I connected, I did the wiring my self.
the engine started just fine and ran, the boost charge pipe were not connected as the fuel pump was a regular 80 lph and i had ordered a 255lph, just to be on the safe side,
after a month or so i felt a major decrease in fuel average, from 15 Km/liter to it came down to 10km/L :eek:, Was freaking busy with work and stuff I so continued driving it that way, :cool:

cutting it short,
A month back I checked and the cylinder one and cylinder 2 was pig rich, the spark plugs were flooded, while the cylinder 3 and 4 were normal,

disconnecting cylinder one plug wire and cylinder 2 plug wire was making a very little difference to the engine idel, Ill make a video as well,

did compression test and the results are,

Using 2ete Map sensor, commonly used by most of the 4efte guys here, but will change it as well..

what I checked,

1. Plug wires,
2. New rings and head rebuilt
3. checked the ecu for any short or capacitor problem.
4. rechecked the wiring couldn't find any issue.
5. distributor cap.
6. injectors cleaned and flow tested,
7. earthing and grounding of wiring,

Jay

Admin
That's an odd issue. Because plugs 1&4 and 2&3 fire together I'd imagine the wiring should be sound. Have you tried swapping the injector on a rich cylinder to a good cylinder? It would rule out an injector issue at least.