5e- td04 or td05

matt walters

Member +
Hi lads. I've got myself a couple of early Christmas.presents in.the.form of a forged 5efte,550cc injectors and a big inlet mani and throttle body.

Im.currently.running a td04 on my.wepr evolution kit at 0.6 bar. this is on a stock engine though.

The 5e is.going.in over.winter and Im wondering what.turbo to use. needs to be same fitment as a td04 either way. Im.looking for quick.spool which.hopefully the.inlet and.extra displacement will give me. but.also want about 300bhp. when will a td04 run.out of puff compared with the 05 and what are.the spool up times like?

Also what bhp figures could.be.expected with.either at.say 1 bar.boost and 1.5 bar?

Got some wilwoods as well just incase anyone.was.gonna mention.brakes :)

rep waiting.lads and thanks.in.advance

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Brakes only slow ya down :p

300hp on a TD04 has never been achieved but then again in my opinoin no one has really gone the full way with a TD04, that said if you got 300hp out of one it would be right on the limit and things on the limit don't last.

If you want super response stick with the TD04 and settle for 280hp, otherwise the TD05 will take you on up over 300hp with 1.4bar.

Sparky

Member +
With the extra displacement and inlet manifold you will get a td05 16g spooling like a td04 :)

May aswell upgrade the blower seeing as you have gone to the extent of everything else, will be pretty rapid :)

matt walters

Member +
So will a td04 be on its limit at 280? Its gonna be for track not drag so spose quicker spool would be better. is there a real difference in power produced.between a td04 and 05?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye the TD04 will be pritty much topped out at 280hp, if it is a track car though I would be inclined to use the TD04 or if you can get hold of the smaller TD05 14g then that would be the one to use over the larger 16g and 18g TD05s

Got a spin in a 5e with a hybrid td04 with 294bhp and I have to say it was like been a really really fast n/a car no lag perfect all round setup for twisty bits too imo. Id go td05 but just what im into lol.