5efhe rods capabilty question

Janki

Fresh Recruit
How much power can stock 5efhe rods handle? I mean how many torque and RPM can handle
I want increase the stock rev limit to 8,000 rpm and try to get 300 whp and 2xx (ft-lbs )
I have forged 4efte piston with a CR 9:5.1 and 5e fhe rods

Is possible get this result?

5e colin

Member +
what pistons ur using forgys are floating pin and the rods are press type !!! small problem there

they take more then oem 4efte pistons can take thats for sure im also not sure of raising the limiter on those there heavy clunks

ramses974

Member +
How much power can stock 5efhe rods handle? I mean how many torque and RPM can handle
I want increase the stock rev limit to 8,000 rpm and try to get 300 whp and 2xx (ft-lbs )
I have forged 4efte piston with a CR 9:5.1 and 5e fhe rods

Is possible get this result?

5EFHE rods are very reliable...you can go to 1.4b 1.6b easily but no more, the only problem with our engine is the pistons .
Not very a problem to got to 8000rpm and touch the 300whp with a good turbo

Last edited:

Janki

Fresh Recruit
what pistons ur using forgys are floating pin and the rods are press type !!! small problem there

they take more then oem 4efte pistons can take thats for sure im also not sure of raising the limiter on those there heavy clunks

i am using ARIAS piston of 4e fte CR 9.5:1 75mm.

Janki

Fresh Recruit
5EFHE rods are very reliable...you can go to 1.4b 1.6b easily but no more, the only problem with our engine is the pistons .

tell me something when you said 300 whp @ 8,000 rpm the torque would be 2xx ??

Rev

Member +
It depends on the cars Specific fuel consumption figure mine would be 226ftlb at 344fhp ( 300WHP ) for 8k 1.6bar on a 4e but as ramses974 said this is for a very good setup/turbo and I will add probably below 20C temps.

Janki

Fresh Recruit
It depends on the cars Specific fuel consumption figure mine would be 226ftlb at 344fhp ( 300WHP ) for 8k 1.6bar on a 4e but as ramses974 said this is for a very good setup/turbo and I will add probably below 20C temps.

remeber we talk about a 5e not 4e. The topic is about 5e FHE rods, but thanks for the comments about the torque 226 tlb.

5e colin

Member +
i am using ARIAS piston of 4e fte CR 9.5:1 75mm.

so floating pin then by the look of it ?? wont work on the press rods unless u get the smal end machined and a copper bush pressed in but it will take away strenght for sure

Rev

Member +
remeber we talk about a 5e not 4e. The topic is about 5e FHE rods, but thanks for the comments about the torque 226 tlb.

Sorry to confuse I dont have any specific fuel consumption for 5E so quoted 4E but that doesnt change the torque figure I gave . Once you set the BHP you know the Torque by formula and it doesnt matter how you got there 4E or 5E although you will do it much easier with a 5E and at higher temp but it will be the same answer. 344.3fhp x 5252 /8000rpm = 226ftlb

Janki

Fresh Recruit
sorry to confuse i dont have any specific fuel consumption for 5e so quoted 4e but that doesnt change the torque figure i gave . Once you set the bhp you know the torque by formula and it doesnt matter how you got there 4e or 5e although you will do it much easier with a 5e and at higher temp but it will be the same answer. 344.3fhp x 5252 /8000rpm = 226ftlb

do you know someone who get more than 300 whp with fhe rods ?

Janki

Fresh Recruit
5efhe rods are very reliable...you can go to 1.4b 1.6b easily but no more, the only problem with our engine is the pistons .

artmull

Member +

Janki if you have gone to the trouble to buy the Arias forged pistons why not buy a set of steel con-rods? You can get a set of 5E steel connecting rods from CX Racing for USD 289.00 plus shipping and you can have a machinist make the small end of these rods fully floating and your engine will be capable of more than 300WHP. If you insist on using the 5EFHE rods send Doug an email he used to drag race his Paseo using a standard 5EFHE engine plus NOS with turbo and as expected the engine did not last for very long. Back in the day (2003-04) we had 5EFHE engines here in Florida using the 9.8:1 CR with a T3/T4 turbo and C16 race gas making 290WHP using 4EFTE ECU + eManage Blue and 550cc injectors. Doug has now built a forged 5E engine with coil on plugs etc. You can see photos of his new engine on Tercel Online. Doug's email is doug9044@gmail.com

Janki

Fresh Recruit
Janki if you have gone to the trouble to buy the Arias forged pistons why not buy a set of steel con-rods? You can get a set of 5E steel connecting rods from CX Racing for USD 289.00 plus shipping and you can have a machinist make the small end of these rods fully floating and your engine will be capable of more than 300WHP. If you insist on using the 5EFHE rods send Doug an email he used to drag race his Paseo using a standard 5EFHE engine plus NOS with turbo and as expected the engine did not last for very long. Back in the day (2003-04) we had 5EFHE engines here in Florida using the 9.8:1 CR with a T3/T4 turbo and C16 race gas making 290WHP using 4EFTE ECU + eManage Blue and 550cc injectors. Doug has now built a forged 5E engine with coil on plugs etc. You can see photos of his new engine on Tercel Online. Doug's email is doug9044@gmail.com

artmull the problem is that my setup ( injectors, clutch, fuel pump,) can handle more o less 300 whp. in another case try to get more than 300 whp means change my all fueling system i now my budget is very small. and my car is daily driving.

my all setup is

4efte intake manifold (ported)
stock TB
4efte head (ported)
FORGED arias piston 75mm (9.5:1)
262 cams
3s-ge injectors (365cc)
walbro fuel pump
AEM fuel rail
sprint and retainers
arp headbolts
FHE rods
ACL bearing main and rods.
garret GT2560R
tial wastegate 38mm
blitz clutch kit (6 pads)
FMI
Emanage greddy ultimate
AEM Water/Meth
luminum radiator
4e-fe crank light weight pulley

artmull

Member +
Janki that is a pretty good list however personally I would use the 7MGTE Supra 440cc injectors and change the throttle body to at least the 55mm one from the Camry. The 5EFHE rods are fairly strong I have seen them bend on a 5EFHE engine that over boosted to 28PSI. When you have the engine built take it to a rolling road/dyno and have it professionally tuned plus the water/meth kit is a very good addition.

Janki

Fresh Recruit
Janki that is a pretty good list however personally I would use the 7MGTE Supra 440cc injectors and change the throttle body to at least the 55mm one from the Camry. The 5EFHE rods are fairly strong I have seen them bend on a 5EFHE engine that over boosted to 28PSI. When you have the engine built take it to a rolling road/dyno and have it professionally tuned plus the water/meth kit is a very good addition.

28 psi which one turbo ? how many REV ?

artmull

Member +
The car was using a T3-T04 turbo and the hose came off the waste gate that is why car over boosted. The car was revving to 7300RPM