Adjustable fuel pressure regulator questions :)

SKINY

Lifer
So i was looking today to mount this, the alarm siren and power steering are in the way, even with the alarm siren moved there won't be enough room as it's a chunky regulator then need to run pipes too it.
Option 1 remove the power steering system and move the alarm siren, option 2 fit regulator on passenger side bulkhead just above and to the right of the filter, option 3 ?? Enlightenment please lol
Also, what fuel lines do I need to connect to the regulator ? I know 1 runs from it to the rail.
And very very important, when I have the new turbo kit, fpr,fcd and everything fitted what pressure should it be set to at idle ? I will have to drive to Jays about 17 mile for fuel runs to set it and don't want to be running rich/lean on the way there.
Also is it worth my while fitting st185 injectors I have here too ?

Jay

Admin
Sweet jesus.. that's the best excuse for removing the PAS that I've heard yet :D

Find a suitable bolthole, fabricate a bracket and run a length of hose to it. I've seen them fitted in some weird locations in the past but try to avoid near the ignition system components just in case of sparks.

There's an adaptor for the fuel rail. Then you just run three pipes from it. Set it to stock pressure and cruise down the road without boosting it until you get a wideband on there.

Would only use the injectors when you know you need them.

SKINY

Lifer
cheers Jay, should have brought it down yesterday fs lol. Not boost it down my favourite road eh ? Lolz
2 ports on the regulator so 1 goes to my rail adapter and the other to ? I will probably just get the fittings and hose and let you have the honours lol
will the stock regulator be ok for the slow drive down tho :)

Jay

Admin
It just replaces your standard regulator so a feed pipe and return pipe for the fuel and an air feed from the manifold to let it know when to increase pressure.

Stock regulator will probably fuel it up to point but stay off boost just in case.

Bring your own fire extinguisher.

Zaid

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys. Do you need to remove the oem fuel pressure regulator? And if so where do I find it? Thanks