Advice on choosing a camera

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Right folks im looking to get myself a proper camera but looking for advice from anyone with experience or anyone that does photoshoots etc. Will be using it for photos of cars mainly but a bit of everything really. Thinking of a SLR of some sort like the Lumix G10 or similar but if someone could guide me in the right direction would be great.Thanks in advance ;)

Si-W

Member +
i was looking into this a while ago, was told to stick to brands that have been there since the beginning like canon slr's ect but costs a pretty penny

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
when buying an slr ask yourself one thing... how well do you know camera's? reason im saying this is because its not just going up to a nice looking camera and buying it.. im into canon personally, if your looking for an amazing slr then either go for canon, nikon or sony.. (not saying other brands are not as good its just basic preference)... also if your new to slr's then go for a basic/amateur slr which will help you to understand what all the settings mean... if your advanced then either a 60d or a 7d is what your after.. semi-pro slr's which are awesome & not very expensive... but then if your a pro then well you have to look at higher end of the market, with prices around 5000 euros (body only).. that would be either the 5d mkii or the 1d series :D

then again another problem arises.. what type of photography are you into? macro? night? portraits? sports? this is even more of a difficult choice as unlike point and clicks you have a specific lens for a specific genre.. of course many multi-purpose lenses are available and hell yeah they are good..

im just giving you something to think about mate.. so like you can see what you want in photography, before you start think about which setup to go for. :)

hope this helps
kon

Paul_JJ

Member +
I've done a massive research before I've bough a camera for my missus! She wanted pretty much everything but mainly a decent optical zoom and a good macro - so she could shot insects!

I concluded that if you're the beginner then it's a waste of money to have an SLR camera. On personal Experience I would stay away of Panasonic. And like Hybrid has mentioned stick to well known brands like Canon! I've chosen a Canon - which costed my £350 included everything. And then I had £50 cashback directly from Canon!

I've bought Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Which has 20X optical zoom - and absolutely awesome camera for the money! Even professionals use this camera as a day to day camera (daily driver) as you wouldn't carry a pro camera (heavy) with you at all times.

You can find some reviews online and I can email you some pics if you want!

corofin12345

Member +
nokia E5 :p

30042011151.jpg

16042011123.jpg

Paul_JJ

Member +
No zoom

IMG_0991.jpg

Now zoom in -)))))

IMG_0992.jpg

Try to do the same on a mobile phone - big lol!

The zoom is combined Optical and Digital - but the quality is not badly reduced.

Last edited: