After longg time... this forum still alive??

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Hey all...

went from constantly being on this forum.. to not loging in for ages!!

forum still busy as it was?? :) if the old ones remember me.. i still own the glanza but dont use it much and nothing much have been done.. got a suzuki cappuccino that took me even more away from the glanza and kept me busy rebuilding modding etc..

think next plan is to sell the cappuccino and forge the glanza.... maybe... ;)

Jay

Admin
Welcome back buddy, TGTT is still here but it's more of an info resource than anything. Doesn't stop a few of us trying though!

I can remember driving a Cappuccino years ago. Felt more like I was wearing it TBH!

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
hah jay!! still here. still owning some eps?

yeah the cappo is very small but im small too :haha: did a full rebuild of the engine installed an aftermarket manifold, turbo from a mira xx + decat and doing running in at the moment..

Phil

Super Moderator
Good to hear from ya Sheldon :)

we are getting a mobile version of the site in the near future also so you will be able to check in from your phone :)

(well hopefully - where is dylan? lol )

have you any pictures of the glanza as it sits now?

Phil

hey sheldon...yeah, some of the old members are still around

yeah, the suzuki cappuccino looks like a neat little ride......but it's time to forge the glanza lol

jomista2k7

Fresh Recruit
was just going to ask the same question about the forum, is the likes of Facebook killing all the good forums lately, forums like did-irl honda-haven and toyotaownersclub-irl over here is very slack the last while, i think its a shame really

dac69er

Super Moderator
was just going to ask the same question about the forum, is the likes of Facebook killing all the good forums lately, forums like did-irl honda-haven and toyotaownersclub-irl over here is very slack the last while, i think its a shame really

i agree. a lot of the info is already available somewhere or another nowadays. gone are the days of the same constant fcd and rrfpr questions as its easy to find that info with a search.

all forums are slowing down now it seems, just some more than others.

goldenvtr

Member +
i agree. a lot of the info is already available somewhere or another nowadays. gone are the days of the same constant fcd and rrfpr questions as its easy to find that info with a search.

all forums are slowing down now it seems, just some more than others.

all them times we took the piss out of people and said "use the search button" not realizing it would kill the forum banter and overall thread activity.

i blame "cal" lol (showing my forum age abit there)

jomista2k7

Fresh Recruit
Still though I prefer the forums, the amount of bullsh#t on the Facebook forums and trying to sell something and lads sending messages and just being a right pain in the hole

Phil

Super Moderator
all them times we took the piss out of people and said "use the search button" not realizing it would kill the forum banter and overall thread activity.

most things are cals fault. lol

but at the same time we could now tell people to do a search when they come on to ask why the place is slowing up/dead... we have that many threads!

sad to see the forum coming to a halt being the most recent

Phil

Neal

Member +

i also remember "cal"

but tbh i think facebook groups seems the most accessible or ease of access these days, instant responses etc it deffo killed alot of forums off!

i still log from time to time even though i dont have a starlet, i was/maybe close to getting another as a second car tho!!!

I see quite a lot of forums calming down these days. I've not been on here for years (back in the days of Cal lol)

I guess people also move on? I personally sold my Starlet about 5 years ago. I moved on to a Nissan 180sx and now have a classic 911.

When looking back on my car history, the Starlet is up there with the best cars i've owned. Definitely the best hatchback.

I found that prices of Starlets went quite low a few years ago. Perhaps this made them appealing to fresh drivers... Bad combination in my opinion, I can imagine a lot were written off in this case.

I'd be interested to know how many are about these days. I still see a few floating around Milton Keynes area :) Always point them out to the missus "I used to have one of them, cracking motors" lol

Neal

Member +
I see quite a lot of forums calming down these days. I've not been on here for years (back in the days of Cal lol)

I guess people also move on? I personally sold my Starlet about 5 years ago. I moved on to a Nissan 180sx and now have a classic 911.

When looking back on my car history, the Starlet is up there with the best cars i've owned. Definitely the best hatchback.

I found that prices of Starlets went quite low a few years ago. Perhaps this made them appealing to fresh drivers... Bad combination in my opinion, I can imagine a lot were written off in this case.

I'd be interested to know how many are about these days. I still see a few floating around Milton Keynes area :) Always point them out to the missus "I used to have one of them, cracking motors" lol

They are no-where near as easy to spot as they where 5 years ago, when i first got mine id seen maybe 2-3 on uk roads and for a few years they where rare as rocking horse shit and then all of a sudden "boom" they where everywhere for a few years - now its the same as it originally was, a RARE sight.

Getting to the point now where if you want one to keep, its the time to get one.

Jay

Admin
Yeah, would tend to agree that if you want one in the future get one now and put it in storage. At least that'll be half the battle won whenever you get the urge.

Plenty about at the moment, just not plenty of good ones lol.

GTti

Member +
Some familiar faces in this thread, hope you're all well.

I decided to come and have a quick check to see what people are up to. I've noticed there aren't many for sale on eBay/pistonheads, and the number of traders have significantly reduced. I presume the influx of cheap parts on eBay has taken its toll.

I started thinking on a wider issue, where are the lightweight performance hatchbacks? Traditional 80's/90's European hatchbacks are now fetching premium prices. There's a GTti for sale for £8,995, that was its price brand new!

I 'decomissioned' the GTtiOC forums, sadly Facebook was the most accessible place. Somehow we have group 5,000 members despite there being only 10 GTti's registered on the road in the UK.

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Welcome back buddy, long time no speakie!

We're still hanging in there despite the social media thing taking off, stuff on facebook doesn't seem to 'stick' the same compared to the forums so this place is well worth maintaining!

Haven't attended something like the Llandow event since - that was a proper meet!

Jay