Antilift kit

azerty

Supermoderator
Hello,

I would like to know who provide antilft kit for starlet other than Whiteline (which almost killed myself 2 years ago)

rmsnoel

Member +
The anti-lift part is just a 10mm spacer fitted between the bush and car. The castor part is the new offset bush which can be bought from demon tweeks from that polybush company. They have the purple and yellow logo.

My whiteline never killed me in over 3 years of driving like a hero on irish roads. What happened Azerty as I think this could cause a stir throughout Tgtt land..

azerty

Supermoderator
I posted about it 2 years ago.
basicly the bush went out of it !!
the way it is designed, it will always happen.
also, the metal plate around it is way too thin IMO, it should be cast or machined.
on the post I had 2 years ago, I wasn't the only one who had problems :/

DSC_0069web.jpg

Last edited:

rwdrev

Member +
this is new to me and havnt seen any other posts with this problem (cos i am fairly new) but to me it looks like the bush is in the wrong way round, the lipped bit should be at the side of the wishbone to stop the wisbone doing what it has done in the pic (pushed it out of the back)

turboloon

Member +
i'd agree with rev here as you can see there is a tabthat locates into the metal bracket and that would be to stop this happening..

jam

Member +
Hello,

I would like to know who provide antilft kit for starlet other than Whiteline (which almost killed myself 2 years ago)

I think you are right lionel the whiteline has lots of negative feedback. I just fitted my powerflex antilift kit about 7months ago but before purchasing the powerflex I was confused whether to buy powerflex or whiteline but while searching on the net I see lot of negative feedback on the whiteline that`s why I go for the powerflex and it seem to do the job well good quality metal and rubber now handling feels much better.

azerty

Supermoderator
hey, does the powerflex plate around the bush is cast ?

about whiteline, yes, it has lip on both sides... and the other side lip just went in (deformed)
that lip is surely not enough to keep the bush in

Nippon

Member +
I have the whiteline kit and I didnt really like it at all.
Puts too much stress on the control arms. Hence why is has ejected the bush in Lionels image.
What I did was I removed the raiser plates and just used the polybushes.
That way you get the benefit of the change in castor, but there isnt quite so much stress on the control arms.

Matt D

laskt9

Member +
I have the whiteline kit and I didnt really like it at all.
Puts too much stress on the control arms. Hence why is has ejected the bush in Lionels image.
What I did was I removed the raiser plates and just used the polybushes.
That way you get the benefit of the change in castor, but there isnt quite so much stress on the control arms.

Matt D

Then its not an anti lift kit anymore. Just a poly bush

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Then its not an anti lift kit anymore. Just a poly bush

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

No its still a castor kit but with less castor
The bush is offset and the std arn't so it will still be castor bushes just not as much

Iv driven loads of starlets over the years and only 2 of witch had a lift kit and coilies fully setup and I found they drove shit compared to a car without them

Nippon

Member +
The bush is offset and the std arn't so it will still be castor bushes just not as much

Iv driven loads of starlets over the years and only 2 of witch had a lift kit and coilies fully setup and I found they drove shit compared to a car without them

Agreed. I discussed it with Darren Burwash when I put my anti-lift kit on (had BC coilovers as well) as something just didnt feel right. Took the plates out and it felt so much better.

AdamB

Member +
What you guys mean by it "felt better" or "drove shit" with the anti lift kit? can you describe it. Haven't got it on mine yet so just asking what it is as it isn't the first time i've heard this.

azerty

Supermoderator

I actualy like this idea :)
I'll try that on next setup

dac69er

Super Moderator
i made a set of 10mm plates and just fitted them with the standard bushes etc. i didnt notice any real difference, but the car handles really well and never had any issues like that. cost me nothing too :)

I felt the car didn't turn as good woth a lift kit as it did with the std offset bushes
That's why iv got std offset polly bushes