Anyone Into Detailing ?

So after X-Mas I decided I didnt just want to wash and polish my car by hand but to go through a proper routine for the car inside and out and get really stuck into the cleaning side of things as i want to keep it mint when it comes back from Tuning Developments hence why now I have decided it wont be out in the rain and garaged during winter/crap weather. So i bought myself a machine polisher from CleanYourCar.Co.Uk (Great Site Btw) , the usual combos of pads and polishes among other bits and bobs. Seeing as the Starlet is away atm i thought i would test it out on my daily, a 1997 306, pretty happy with the results as its very easy to use and can only get easier as i practise more and more. Just wondering if anyone else on here is quite into it, more than just like the average wash and polish ?

Heres a pic of the daily i practise on, cant wait to test it on the Starlet, but probs best i practised on the daily to ensure i didnt damage any paint. Crap picture on IPhone but you get the idea, what you guys think ? Anyone else got any pictures of their cleaning handywork ?

066mc.jpg
056osj.jpg

061yq.jpg

Looks good man for a first go :) once you get started the big money begins its a scary thought totalling all my products up lol I detail cars when am not at uni will see if I can find any pics, my car could do with an intense detail soon though. Definitely a good getting a polisher far superior to hand polishing.

Yeah same i have a fair few products even before i started alot of them are trial an error which can waste money but idont see it as a chore, and yeah man machines are so much easier, after ido the bonnet by hand i usually give up lol, try get some of your pics up ! Would be cool to see them!

Jay

Admin
Did a bit of detailing (if I dare call it that) on my project paseo (click for link) which turned out quite well. Don't think I have the patience for much more than one cleanse every so often if I'm honest.

Some of the stuff is quite expensive and I can see how easy it would be to sink a few hundred into it as a hobby!

Very wise playtesting on your daily, wouldn't want anything going wrong on the Starbo :cool:

Thats looks really good jay ! Engine is spotless which for me is a must , how is it getting on now ?

And yeah i started practising now so wen the starbos back in march ill b good at it and most of all safe !

Cheers for the input !

Vincent-ep91

Member +
there is a build thread from a member who had an ep85 containing images of how he detailed the roof and bonnet. It looks fantastic.
Hope he might see this

Chris.Stewart

Member +
Not sure if Vincent is speaking about me but I am fairly into detailing and I have detailed loads of cars over the years.

Here is the EP85 build thread:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/dynamics/showentry.php?e=25089&catid=6

I sold the 85 last year, (still have the glanza) and bought a mk4 r32:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums...-now-gone...here-s-its-replacement&highlight=

I also detailed Fro's GT a few years ago and found the thread for that:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?80386-Fro-s-GT-Turbo-Detail&highlight=

Chris

I rememer reading the thread on the black gt lovely work mate ! Looks gleaming one of my favourite looking gts on here still have the pics on my comp actually great work ! Long u been at it. ?

Chris.Stewart

Member +
Aye it's immaculate like, been detailing for almost 5 years or there about. Spent thousands on kit over the years, totally addictive haha

Its very addictive takes time but i dont mind that atol i love just setting about cars haha ! Persuit of perfection stuff really :) im gonna go do the daily again tmoz and order some c4 for the trim and build up a good collection of products need to find out what order is best to go about it ie body wheels clays polishes interior arches etc etc, but ye ur work looks brilliant would love to hand my starlet up to you if u were closer, although i suppose the fun is doing it yourself :) ill e sure to get some up of my starlet when i get it back, also need to find out through reaearch what products i need for certai. Things eg never cleaned behind my wheels but there only out the box a few months you know !

ehmm cant mind when that was taken exactly ...but i think it was angel wax, really good stuff if applied with bare hands, they send out samples im sure give them a shout ! through in renfrew

might get a sample to give it a go in the spring. Really need to get another pot of supernatural for this year, bloody love that stuff.

yeah these months are just brutal, im lucky mines is away being built atm and dont have to contend with the shit thats on the roads, salt etc, haha im the same i stick to what i know if it does the job why change it ! yeah mate should do im sure they wont mind sending a few little pots over.