Back from the dyno!

Aga

Member +
Okay, my shitbox was dynoed again today... I can't say im totally pleased, because the power curve says "daddy i need cams" ,as shown by the dip in power at high revs. Another thing that bothered me is the insane losses i got from fitting powersteering in my car! :shoot: im talking about losing 15-20hp just from that! anyway the car was run at 1.2 ,1.4 and 1.6 bar...the diagram is for 1.6. there is lots of room for improvement on the mechanical side, im contemplating fitting a smaller exhaust housing on my TD04H ,one with no wastegate for better flow, and a bit smaller for less lag. im also contemplating fitting bigger valves or cams, but im so not in the mood for opening up the engine right now. anyway...

but it sure has torque ,doesnt it ? :homer: 31 KGM! my mate gorg made 32, and that was on a 5E with a huge GT2876...

http://www.team-ep789.gr/images/aga_dyno2.jpg

ps. heres how the results changed per boost
1.2 248hp 28kgm
1.4 256hp 30kgm
1.6 270hp 31kgm

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
either way thats still a good amount of power on a little 4E :)

whats torque did you make in "lbs" ...? a im not sure how to put KGM in contents....

Cooch

Member +
Fair enough the power drops quite quickly at about 6k but they are some pretty good results. 270hp! I'd love that!

Aga

Member +
i was planning on buying a new stereo for christmas...i gotta resist the urge to buy cams!! :D

hardcoreep

Member +
Greddy uses a different bolt pattern for its exhaust housings than MHI, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Kelly

Member +
nice result Aga but sorry your not totally happy with is as i know this now means little sleep and lots of work and money !!! p.s get your ass in the UK and come map our gt :D and do some more peeps make some cash whilst your here ;)

Aga

Member +
Greddy uses a different bolt pattern for its exhaust housings than MHI, if I remember correctly.

yes greddy's td04's have a t25 flange...but you know, you used to own one :p

kelly check your shared folder on msn, i got the K24 dyno u wanted to see...

Aga

Member +
Will cams give you any sort of worthwhile increase?

they will give me more flow in and out of the cylinder where it's needed... in the mid to high revs. i believe thats why the power drops. if that thing is corrected, there are at least 10-20 hp to be released, getting us closer to the magic 300 :)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
very very nice alex :D:D:D!! its a pretty gud result..

im still wondering y the fuck u fitted the PAS lol .. u lazy bastard hehe :p

yeah seems like uncle aga needs a nice set of 264's :D:D!! ;)

still u got heaps of torque :D considering u mapped it urself id say u gotta be proud man.. (especially since ur greek.. u now pride pays an important day to day role in greek men hehe :p)

Aga

Member +
wheel hp is 231.9

konrad do you know where can i get a good set of cams? im thinking 264/256...