Bank Transfers - help

monka

Member +
about to buy something off wepr for the first time. and his method of payment is bank transfer.

how exactly do i go about this? do i need to physically go to the bank my self, or can a family member do this for me. as because of my job i dont have time to go to the bank so usually get my g/f to sort everything out for me. lol.

whats involved in one?

any particular type of account needed, as i just have a visa electron.

J

*JO*

i think you would have to do a bank transfer. you need there full name, sort code, account number and name of bank and then they transfer they money over. if you withdraw they money then someone else can pay directly into the sellers account for you. you will still need the above info.

hope that helps you xx

Beaker

Member +
You can do it over the phone. Dont forget that you have to pay all charges so wepr get the correct ammount. It can be quite pricey too.

Big_Daddy

Member +
if you hav internet banking do it through there. very quick and few mins comfort of your own chair.
make sure the person is genuine.

cost me about £20 mate to do it when i went into my branch (halifax).
Some banks do free bank transfers from uk bank to uk bank but international transfers will always have a charge, usually £20-£25.

You can also pay more (£10-£12 depending on bank) for it to arrive sooner (few hours) trust, although its meant to be instant, it will still take a few working days with the standard transfer.

Joz

GTdan

In The Closet
im sure sacha using a non uk bank account??

If so youll need to go into your bank to fill out a form for a foreign transfer - usually costs anywhere from £12-30 depending on who you bank with.

Youll need all his details address etc, iban codes etc - im sure if you send wepr a pm, theyll reply back with all the details as lots of people have bought off them and paid by an transfer.

weakboy2

Member +
yeah you best go into the bank and do it otherwise they will probably close your account as it would seem like a fraudulent payment if its any sizeable amount!

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
when i went to send money to wicked ep for my turbo kit, I went into the bank they checked everthink then send the money frew my bank account,
There was a charge.

Rory

Lifer
Personally i would walk into the bank and ask them.
They will go through it with you, so you cant have any mistakes.

Ive sent cash to Sacha a few times now, and never had any problems.
Sacha will send you all the details you need.

GTdan

In The Closet
as above - its liek cash, but still takes 3-5 working days to clear into your account, there can be fraudlant bankers drafts floating around, so if in doubt you can always phone the branch where it came from and they can confirm the serial number and confirm its genuine.

y3Lo

Member +
when i went to my bank to transfer money to sacha, they asked why i was sending money to sri lanka, then what it was for and if i thought i was going to get it lol.