Beat the UK speed cameras!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3N0

Member +
I was jus curious if anyone on the site uses photoblocker on there licenses plate. i dont know if this has been posted before as i am a fairly new member, but check this out. its a spray, that when sprayed on to the license plate of your car it enable it to be invisble to speeding cameras but completely visible to the naked eye. i thought i was kool, so i have order 2 cans of ebay, because its expensive on retail. tell me wat you think, here are some video links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuLiR6Ucr7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyuDQNmsi4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_DSreJi2uo

so tests show that its not as inday as it is in the night. when used at night, you cant see anything. which is why when they did a media test, they did it in the day time using the most recent digital speed camera, which their are only a few of at the moment in the uk.

however if they had used it in the night or late evening time using the trandition big yellow boxed speeding camera used in the UK, the pictures recieved would have been left blank as the photo blocker would have easy reflected the flash back to the camera. just as you would if you was taking a picture of yourselve in the mirror.

GREAT STUFF!!!???!!!

Dave.

Member +
apparently the spray is balls, and you can invert the colours of a taken picture and the plate is fairly easy to read, the police have it set up so they can do this instantly...

just what i've heard :( also bear in mind, this is noticable when headlights shine on it too, so with a police car behind you, they'd notice, and you'd get a very big slap on the wrists (fine for bad plates at least)

On the other hand, my mates plate is like this, VERY reflective (even the lettering) and it looks very convincing... i'd guess its been treated with this spray

Dave

Greg0r

Member +
some of my mates have tried this before and i took a picture of the car with flash and tbh you could still make out the number plate

D3N0

Member +
well ive bought it, and um gonna empty two cans of the stuff on ma number plate. i think its worth it.plus their isnt really a law against it really.

Ryno

Member +
No it is not legal.

Any interference with the number plate to make it less easily distinguishable to the eye or would impair the making of a true photographic image is illegal. Although the spray does interfere with flash photography many of the speed cameras use Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR ) that uses infrared radiation making the spray ineffective.

You could be liable for a substantial fine if you are found guilty of using such a spray.

found ->HERE<-

monka

Member +
yeah but on an ask the police site are they going to say- - yes it is legal, go out and buy some. lol

only other day my misses was driving the car, got court speeding, but the copper jsut gave her a warning, but we were talking and he said the majority of the time when they stop some one for speeding and do fine them its just to make revenue, unless they stop you in a busy street, which is all well and fair.
but he said when people get fucked for doing a little over in a deserted road, its just to make money or the cop being an idiot, words of the copper who spoke to us. lol.

he then said if he see's my car doing 1mph over the limit he'll fuck me. lol

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I seen that on police camera action,a really old school one the other night and it showed it doesnt work.

The police just need to use the negative from any camera photo taken and then they can clearly make out your reg no.

I think maybe most of the speed cameras make it pretty obvious that there there and you dont really need to avoid them.. frankly you shouldent be going about 30 in a 30..

I really cant see a problem going above 70 on a dual carageway where its "safer" for these speeds.. but i know this stuff will not stop the ones on the motorway lol.. crazy!

Timmy

Member +
I've heard what you want to do is put it inbetween the letters and the plastic when it is beeing made. The other thing to do would be machine polish the plate to maximise reflection. Looking at a negative doesn't give the a reg number i'm sure that is total BS, might make it easier to change the contrast if it hasn't worked properly which is how they probably go about it.

Guye

Lifer
Also found on the same site:

There are two types of speed detectors. The type, which simply alerts you as to the location of speed cameras, is legal. The other type which sends a laser signal to the laser speed detector preventing it from taking a reading are illegal and you could face prosecution for perverting the course of justice (among other things) which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

If you can fit a speed camera/radar detector in your car legally, why not opt for one of these insted?

Monkfish

Member +
Also found on the same site:

There are two types of speed detectors. The type, which simply alerts you as to the location of speed cameras, is legal. The other type which sends a laser signal to the laser speed detector preventing it from taking a reading are illegal and you could face prosecution for perverting the course of justice (among other things) which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

If you can fit a speed camera/radar detector in your car legally, why not opt for one of these insted?

Laser detectors are illegal. The only ones that are legal are GPS, but they will be banned before long.

Besides, what does a performance car with a speed camera detector say to you? It screams "I'm gonna drive like a twat and not get caught" to me.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
it seems like this thread is illegal../

boys & girls might i remind u this is a PUBLIC forum & anybody can be browsing..

pls post sensibly.
kon

Status
Not open for further replies.