lleey2k4

Member +
Right

I am having an externally gated kit made up consisting of;

Externally gated mani
Downpipe
Oil Feed/Return
Water Lines

So i have to buy my own Tial Wastegate and TD04 which yer i know which 1 to get.

But....as i am going for external wastegate will i be able to whack the turbo straight on or will i have to get the wastegate welded?

Also what else is needed to run a screamer pipe if any?

My thoughts are the only other thing i need to get done is the wastegate on the turbo welded shut.

Let me know if im talking rubbish or if i know what im talking about.

Thanks

Lee

GTnomez

Member +
your on the right track, you will have to get the wastgate penny welded shut as its external

edit: you will need a long piece of pipe to run the screamer pipe off the external wastegate and it should be facing away from the cabin so it dumps the toxic gases away from the car

Last edited:

GTnomez

Member +
you it should be easy to weld, i dont see why not. ive seen people weld the waste gate arm shut but sometimes later the weld breaks

ive seen people weld the penny shut which is better i think.

jamesbaa

Member +
Aze_b welded my penny shut and its working like a gooden!!

as for the screamer all you need to do it run a pipe off the wastegate :rockon:

GTnomez

Member +
Aze_b welded my penny shut and its working like a gooden!!

as for the screamer all you need to do it run a pipe off the wastegate :rockon:

you have the luxury of 'friends that actually help'...................

i dont :haha:

L

lukey5e

you can weld the leaver that the actuator goes to aswell..instead of welding internal

andybill

Member +
i personally would get the internal gate welded, only need a few little spots nothing major for someone who knows what they doing

lleey2k4

Member +
Right so say if i wanted to run a standard manifold and use and actuator but want to get a screamer plumbed into that how do i go about doing that?

GTnomez

Member +
well assuming that its internally gated, you would have two pipes coming out of the exhaust side.

one which is the decat and goes to the exaust dumping the exhaust gases out and the other pipe is the screamer pipe dumping the wastegat gases out.

what you want to do is probably put i plate in between the wastgate penny and compresser wheel on the exhaust side to separate them otherwise the screamer pipe will be used as an exhaust and will chug like a choo choo train

Idrees

Banned
As GT Nomez said. ^

To give you a better idea, here is a pic of my CT9 screamer pipe for my internally wastegated set up.

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

There is a little metal plate sticking out to prevent the exhaust gases going to the wastegate side. Sorry I have no pic of it!

mcleod

Member +
or make a bracket to hold the wastegate shut. i did this on my vf the other day i'll get some pics up in the next few days

lleey2k4

Member +
As GT Nomez said. ^

To give you a better idea, here is a pic of my CT9 screamer pipe for my internally wastegated set up.

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

There is a little metal plate sticking out to prevent the exhaust gases going to the wastegate side. Sorry I have no pic of it!

YES YES YES thats what i am after then, i was talking to Keith last night but i doubt his downpipe will match up with my manifold so i'll have to ask the bloke whos doing mine to see if he can do the same with the screamer and the plate welded across.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
YES YES YES thats what i am after then, i was talking to Keith last night but i doubt his downpipe will match up with my manifold so i'll have to ask the bloke whos doing mine to see if he can do the same with the screamer and the plate welded across.

i think your on the wrong track dude... if your externaly gated you cannot have a downpipe like idrees.. the screamer pipe will have to goo off the external wastegate..

or i didnt understand what you are saying?