bonnet raised!

Bullet00th

Member +
I know someone who has done it, doesn't look that great TBH, but it has it's advantages for on the track etc.

Prob really really stupid question, what do you mean by bonnet raising??
I like the way mines sits with bonnet pins sits a little higher than usual

GlanzaV_Black_1996_01_01.jpg
600CIMG5402.jpg

Christy

Bullet00th

Member +
By raising the bonnet he means adding some spacers/washers to the back hinges of the bonnet. So the back of the bonnet is raised. It is ment to expell heat from the engine bay alot quicker/easier.

PS those bonnet catches look ace :D

By raising the bonnet he means adding some spacers/washers to the back hinges of the bonnet. So the back of the bonnet is raised. It is ment to expell heat from the engine bay alot quicker/easier.

PS those bonnet catches look ace :D

Aww rite got ya now.hehe. I dunno if that would suit on a Glanza may look out on a GT, yeah the bonnet pins look sweet but need to get a way to look them as the bonnet can be opened when the car is locked.haha.
Christy

stuart

Member +
PB040025.jpg

Like so!

It does help but its only minimal! Suprising how many people tell you your bonnet is open too, although I did paint the washers black :p

Dempo

Member +
i was told that he reverse scoop does the same job a raising the bonnet!!Is it true or whats its really for?

stuart

Member +
I'd love a Glanza S bonnet and raise it too, not too keen on reverse scoops although a carbon one would be nice!

i was told that he reverse scoop does the same job a raising the bonnet!!Is it true or whats its really for?

Well with my setup my under bonnet temp never goes above a fifth of the standard temp guage unless im sitting idle.
I like the reverse scoop and think it gives a more aggressive look and helps reduce under bonnet temp.
Christy

Dempo

Member +
Well with my setup my under bonnet temp never goes above a fifth of the standard temp guage unless im sitting idle.
I like the reverse scoop and think it gives a more aggressive look and helps reduce under bonnet temp.
Christy

thats good to know was thinking of getting one.

raising the bonnet at the hinge does let hot air escape but it has been found out that it also creates a vacuum (i dont know how) and that sucks the hot air out also while driving hard

got the quickest reply in chill out room and it is just a matter of oppinion i needed but i done it lol will get the pics up soon as all rough parts was sprayed yest and pollished today and bonnet raised so some really nice pics!!!