Can any one reccomend me a good/decent TV?

dac69er

Super Moderator
at that price they are all pretty similar. i prefer lcd to plasma, but that is all up to personal preference.

i have 2 LG TV's and have been happy with them.

i wouldnt go any higher than 42" if your not spending a bit more money as you will get crap quality usually.

96v

Member +
i think plasma has a limited lifespan so if you wanted it to last longer lcd is the way forward :)

96v

Member +
thats pretty much what i have ^^ bought for 100 notes from my landlord and is mint! well worth the monies

96v

Member +
lol, he bought it about 3 months before for 4 times the price and claimed he didnt want it any more so asked if i wanted it for a ridiculous price, couldnt really say no :) but then to my suprise, came home one day from work to find out that he had gone and bought another tv exactly the same :S phaha!

but yeh as said, samsung FTW :rockon:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
My dad is big into his TV's and surround sound etc, like in a big way.

The make of TV he would recommend is Panasonic, and to be honest I have to agree, when watching his.

Its a 46" Plasma and pisses all over any other HD tv I have ever seen. It is truly amazing tbh. However he did spend a fair bit on it, close to £1000, but when we went to look at it, they done a 42" version for around £700 I think, in Currys.

I also see you are looking on Amazon, if you want my opinion, wait until next week until the black friday deals start mext monday on amazon. Last year a bagged myself a 37" Toshiba LCD HD TV for £240 brand new, and a WII console with games, controllers, the heap for £40, again brand new. I would say they will be doing TV's this year along with PS3's etc.

GTnomez

Member +
Good thread, will be useful for everyone i think (including myself).

Dont forget to check out the christmas deals or even the january clearance as there will be dirt cheap deals going

B)

Mimtu

Member +
Panasonics are defo the way forward...and you might be surprised what you can get if you added just a little to the budget, you do get what you pay for.

Also just general advice for many of you, plasma's generally have a much longer life span than LCD. Plasma also generally have darker blacks so details in the shadows will be better, and much better for fast motion (sports/gaming). Its usually comes down to the size of TV you're after if you go with plasma or LCD/LED. smaller screens 37" and lower LED would be the best, sharper image, more detail and use less power, 42" and above i would always go plasma, smoother motion, richer black levels. Also alot of storys you hear about bad things to do with plasmas are old news, the technology has come a long way over the last few years.

without blowing the budget too much here is a nice panasonic http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TX-P42S30B-42-inch-Plasma-Freeview/dp/B004TFDSUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321318205&sr=8-1

and same one for just a little more but comes with a 5 year warranty http://www.johnlewis.com/231263085/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=42s30

Arnold

Lifer
I've got several LG TV's and can't fault any of them. Also have a panasonic viera thing and that's brilliant too