Can't get speedo to work

Jdace

Hi, I have a 95 ep82. I took the speedo cluster out to replace one of the bulbs. Since then my speedo has stopped working. I've disconnected the cable from the gearbox end and pushed it in, I've had someone holding it in while I plug it into the cluster, I don't know what else to do. When I pushed it in from the gearbox end the first couple of times, it works upto 5km/h and then drops back down to 0. Is there a trick I'm supposed to do?

dac69er

Super Moderator
doesnt sound like it is back in properly. it shouldnt be too hard, i cant remember as it has been a while.

if the cable is spinning and nothing is damaged, it will work.

Jdace

doesnt sound like it is back in properly. it shouldnt be too hard, i cant remember as it has been a while.

if the cable is spinning and nothing is damaged, it will work.

Thats exactly why its pissed me off lol.. it seems really easy but for some reason i just cant get it to work. I tried about 3 or 4 times today and its just no good. Ah well, il keep trying. Actually, u've raised a goos point, tomorrow i will drive with the cluster out to see if i can see the cable spin?

Jay

Admin
Yeah, you should be able to spin the cable at one end to ensure it hasn't broken internally. Another thing to check is that the gearbox end is located into the drive unit securely - there's a slot where the cable needs to be fitted into.

Jay