car just dynoed .. need your comments

karnaugh2005

Fresh Recruit
Guys,
I just dynoed my car yesterday and i dont know if the figures I got was good or not. Here's my specs and dyno results..

Specs:
4efte 2nd generation M/T
fmic and 2" piping all around
blitz vd bov
ngk bkr7e-11 (gapped .8mm)
emb
all stock internals
stock ct9a and actuator
drift mbc
stock ex manifold
stock air intake pipes
hks filter
2.5 down pipe then 2 3/8 piping after firewall
rota 15" wheels and kuhmo 195/55/r15
2 oil catch can (1 for pcv and 1 for breather

dynojet results @ 13psi

dyno.jpg

EMB mapping after dyno:

injectionmap.jpg

ignitionandboostlimiter.jpg

airflowmap.jpg

Last edited:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
As above, uprated manifold may see the figure rise slightly, also ditch the A/C and front mount that HKS filter. Who mapped the car on the EMB?

sx_turbo

Lifer
the torque is a tad on the low side, and the power i assume must be at the wheels, otherwise something definately not right,

i'm also a bit dubious that they havnt really adjusted the map very much almost not at all, but then i'm no tuner, all i can say is its a bit on the low side imo

karnaugh2005

Fresh Recruit
the dyno specicalist in my area do the emb mapping. After the dyno I checked tha mapping and I dont know if these figures are good as he didnt touched the ignition map.

As above, uprated manifold may see the figure rise slightly, also ditch the A/C and front mount that HKS filter. Who mapped the car on the EMB?

AdDaMan

Member +
im no expert on mapping, but it looks like he did a whole load of fuck all....most of it is untouched?

AdamB

Member +
Theres no ignition timing in that map at all by what you've posted.
Can you get a pic of the fueling map?

karnaugh2005

Fresh Recruit
yes zero ignition map at all, that's why i'm not so sure if they have mapped correctly.. and regardung fuel map, i think this is the same as the additional injection map right?

Theres no ignition timing in that map at all by what you've posted.
Can you get a pic of the fueling map?

AdamB

Member +
Sorry just seen the additional injection table.
Doesn't look like it's been mapped at all.

Does look to be running lean as well, not sure why theres 2 lines on the AFR curve.

karnaugh2005

Fresh Recruit
the other line is for the boost... the afr range at wot is 11 - 10.5.. when I drive the car.

Sorry just seen the additional injection table.
Doesn't look like it's been mapped at all.

Does look to be running lean as well, not sure why theres 2 lines on the AFR curve.

AdamB

Member +
Ah okay I see now. With that sort of AFR you'll need more ignition timing. According to your tables you have very little.

karnaugh2005

Fresh Recruit
yes bro that's why i'm little bit worried about his mapping as I might not get the full potentional of the engine and the inital mods i added. Btw emb tps is not connected since the tps of 4efte 2nd gen is only swtiched type and not variable. Also do i need to have pressure regulator to control the fuel since the additional injection map do not allow negative value?

Ah okay I see now. With that sort of AFR you'll need more ignition timing. According to your tables you have very little.

AdamB

Member +
I'm sure you can still use the switched type tps with the emb. It's only when coming to standalone systems it is more accurate to have the variable type. Do you have the injector harness for the emb?
You can have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator although I don't think its a must have item as the duty cycle of the injectors can be changed on the map.

goldenvtr

Member +
i though fuel cut was 4.15 volts, why is the clamp set to 4.74? also there is hardly any adjustment on there and 10.5-11 afr is pretty rich still for stock timing