casual 11's :p

-Harry-

Member +
Some of you guys may have seen this on the uk site. For people who dont know the car, it got flooded under about 12m of river last year and this is the second time Ive driven it since. Its a circuit car but theres no track events till the 20th so off to the drag strip

The carbon fender looks pretty bad up close. At a distance its alright though. Ive still only done 1 so it looks a bit wierd.

horse1336461915.jpg

Anyway, I Dyno'd the car @ the gold coast on tuesday until late into the night. Ended up with 242hp @ 18psi on a safe circuit tune. After starting work ridiculously early and not getting any sleep for the last 2 days, I had one of those "f**k it" moments on wednesday and decided to head to the track as the car was already loaded on the trailer from the dyno. Still in circuit trim we changed tyres @ the track and reeled off pretty consistant 11.4's @ around 123mph before popping the rear quarter glass off the car after about 5 runs. Zuboo was nice enough to help out on the dyno for many long hours and still came back to help last night and even manned the camera. Big thanks to Zuboo for all the help.

[video=youtube;aRE2FAVHHkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRE2FAVHHkk[/video]

merc was damn quick.
[video=youtube;Z5209yUFjpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5209yUFjpw&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

I missed 3 shifts here :fool:
[video=youtube;Uc_LAuS5gmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_LAuS5gmQ&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

should have some more vids up soon. I got a couple in car but I dont know how they turned out.

With no setup going into the car I was pretty happy with it. Hell, it hasnt even had a wheel allignment in over a year.

Cheers

Harry

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
haha!! bloody hell harry!! its good to see you back mate!!!

very well run indeed bro!!

kon

-Harry-

Member +
thanks kon.

You guys have come so far in the last year though:eek:. I really gotta step up game to catch up a little.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
What im really confused about is how a starlet with 242hp is getting an 11.4 @123MPH... Can you explain how your car doing that? id say good take off but then your terminal speed is of a car with much much much more power?

Good looking car though!

omikron

Member +
What im really confused about is how a starlet with 242hp is getting an 11.4 @123MPH... Can you explain how your car doing that? id say good take off but then your terminal speed is of a car with much much much more power?

Good looking car though!

i have the same question as well. is it bhp or whp? what turbine r u using?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i have the same question as well. is it bhp or whp? what turbine r u using?

Even if it was WHP that would still equate to around 280BHP fly which would still no where near add up. It defies all my knowledge and experience. I just want to know how this is achieved.

animal gt

Member +
Even if it was WHP that would still equate to around 280BHP fly which would still no where near add up. It defies all my knowledge and experience. I just want to know how this is achieved.

i wasnt going to coment but i wil now seen as you said it 1st haha
them runs dont look like a 11.4 run,iv been in a my gt which done them times and lower it just doesnt look that fast,and those figurs dont add up to me either,but 1 thing i will say is you have done some fantastic work on your gt to get it back in this condition it looks sweet!!!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i wasnt going to coment but i wil now seen as you said it 1st haha
them runs dont look like a 11.4 run,iv been in a my gt which done them times and lower it just doesnt look that fast,and those figurs dont add up to me either,but 1 thing i will say is you have done some fantastic work on your gt to get it back in this condition it looks sweet!!!

Thats exactly what i thought too... It didnt look quick enough to be 11.4 pass at that speed...

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
The strip looks professional enough, doubt the times are inaccurate.

WeeJohn is 4WD but the 60ft was only a 1.9 or something.

Rory

Lifer
Video proof and folk still doubt it? Track temperature plays a massive roll aswell, i can garantee there alot more grip there than the pod...
Videos will always slow things down aswell.

Either way Harry, cracking time, and its good to see the car back out after the events its been through :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Im not doubting man, im just completely baffled as to how this time was achieved. Its the 123MPH that is mostly confusing... Ive raced plenty of 240-250BHP GT's/glanza and have driven a fair few too and they certainly were not low 11 second cars with terminals at that speed. I just dont understand how this time was achieved. or how that particular car was that fast.

I know what your saying though as that is proof, i just dont get it at all.

weeJohn

Lifer
Were you 4WD and what was your terminal dude?

4WD on road tyres, recorded a 1.9 60ft in that run and ET was 116mph.

Here is the odd thing about power figures, and Spuddy can confirm this. I changed my manifold, exhaust and inlet mani set up over last winter, when we got back to the strip, running the same tyres on 2 different strips, the car was 0.3 seconds faster over the quarter. When it was dyno`d (3 separate dynos which all gave a reading within 1 bhp of each other) peak power was down 25 bhp and torque was the same.

GP82

Member +
Chuffin' 'ell mate those were some good runs! Your GT is fast, well done!!

On a side note i would like to say that it's not jus' about how powerful a car is, but how well the chassis is setup to take the power to the tarmac.

Harry what were your 60ft times?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
4WD on road tyres, recorded a 1.9 60ft in that run and ET was 116mph.

Here is the odd thing about power figures, and Spuddy can confirm this. I changed my manifold, exhaust and inlet mani set up over last winter, when we got back to the strip, running the same tyres on 2 different strips, the car was 0.3 seconds faster over the quarter. When it was dyno`d (3 separate dynos which all gave a reading within 1 bhp of each other) peak power was down 25 bhp and torque was the same.

Fair play that is a quick time, although this car is FWD with less power getting a faster time and at a much faster ET.

The fact you got a faster time with less recorded power i boil it down to different days/temps/ or a dodgey dyno... Or your driving was better on teh day... Blergh i duno lol