Cherry popping - First Time Posting - Newbie Aka Dafty

Rondon

Alright Folks,

I jus going the forum Today. This is my first ever post in this Forum!

I no hew-haw magro about Toyota's, so hopeful this place can help me to get a better idea and some banter!!!

My names Ronnie 44, I life in Scotland with my Wife (Debz) and my 2 daughters - Eva 8 (got diagnosed with genetic disorder 16P11.2), and Iona is 5 and is like the Duracel bunny, she never stops dancing and singing).
I work in Technology for a Bank - no the best when you don't like computers or Star trek.

Car History

• First car a bright yellow 1978 Opel Kadet 1.2 s
  • 1981 3 litres - Gold with a brown vinyl roof
  • 1984 Mk1 Golf 1.5 Gls
  • Mk 2 2.1 pinto - Started as a Harrior
  • 1998 Pug 1.6 8v
  • 2004 Smart ForTwo - heavily modified and mapped - went bang on the M8 - conrod came thru the block. Put another engine in it,the got a blow out the Brabus alloy bit in to the tarmac and it rolled in direction of travel
  • a 2004 Brabus Roads - Notch back - speed silver
  • A clio 182
Currently a phase 4 Abarth 595 and I still held on to the Brabus Roadie.

The reason I have joined is I really want to buy a Toyota Glanza V, so I am hoping people could advise me on purchase, what to check out, year etc and importantly tuning.

I hope I've not bored you if you have got to here! I didn't want to premature post my first time!!!

Cheers

Rondon73

Jay

Admin
Hey man, welcome to TGTT, good to see a newbie!

Sounds like you enjoy a bit of small car/big power driving so you might have picked the right weapon with a V.

I did a small buyers guide a while back:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/the-tgtt-starlet-buyers-guide.1435/

So that might help. The Glanza model is described in this thread:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/the-ep91-glanza-v-model-guide.4249/

Power wise you can upgrade the stock turbo to an impreza TD04 and with the right supporting mods achieve 200bhp fairly reliably. Obviously the sky is the limit but that's the proven path. Have a read through a few members cars threads first I reckon. Should give you a good feel for what these little machines can offer.

Enjoy the site,

Jay

SKINY

Lifer
welcome along Ronnie :) if you cant find what you need to know on here its not worth knowing!
as Jay sais 200hp is easy to get and cheap enough too compared to other cars, I'm currently converting to a Scooby TF035 unit so check my thread out :)
them wee 595s can fair shift on too

JayGTT

Fresh Recruit
Welcome matey! I’m on my fourth Starlet, be warned they have a way of working their way into your blood! The above guides are awesome and I’ve used both with great effect.

Rondon

Do you get a factory built 4wd, as I'm looking at buying one from an importer, someone told me these dont exist. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the welcomes!

Cheers

R

Calum122

Member +
Do you get a factory built 4wd, as I'm looking at buying one from an importer, someone told me these dont exist. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the welcomes!

Cheers

R
EP95 or 85 is what you will want if you're after 4WD goodness!