ct20 hybrid?

monka

Member +
hi mate, heard you used to do hybrid ct20/ct9's.

wondering if you could give me anyhelp as i may be getting a ct20 to hybrid with a ct9. any help would be great. cheers

monka

Member +
i heard sacha used to make ct9/ct20 hybrids, and as i have a ct20 and a ct9 out in the garage, was wondering if he could give any advice in making a hybrid, yeah i know its gotta be balanced, and i was going to use an external wastegate

tom_hunt

Member +
i heard sacha used to make ct9/ct20 hybrids, and as i have a ct20 and a ct9 out in the garage, was wondering if he could give any advice in making a hybrid, yeah i know its gotta be balanced, and i was going to use an external wastegate

Iv got a CT20/CT9 Hyrbid. I believe its the same as the guy on here wit hthe Corolla with the 4EFTE in it I think his name is "G6Turbo" could be wrong though. They dont hold boost very well and will defo need a external wastegate. I had a few troubles with mine. If youd like me to pm you some pics I will be more than happy to do so :)

Tom

According to Christina wow power leveling Maslach, a wow goldprofessor of psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, burnout wow power leveling doesn't come from overwork, but from an inability to wow power leveling get what you need from work. She should know -- she created the widely used Maslach Burnout wow power leveling Inventory to test one's level of burnout.weiwei1978123

so i gather that "christina" knows how to hybrid a ct20 with a ct9 then

cheers wei wei ;)

TurboDave

Member +
And you cant ballance them properly due to the huge compressor wheel and tiny thin shaft of the turbine wheel.

HorwathBence

Member +
So. All in all. Is it a good idea to put a ct20 on a 4efte, or it ll be rude and the biger power ll costs the cultured behaviour. (i mean it ll lagg, kick hard, unstable... whatever)

(lol but what does the "hybrid" means on turbos?)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
So. All in all. Is it a good idea to put a ct20 on a 4efte, or it ll be rude and the biger power ll costs the cultured behaviour. (i mean it ll lagg, kick hard, unstable... whatever)

(lol but what does the "hybrid" means on turbos?)

Two different parts from two different turbos to make a hybrid....

A hybrid basically can be anything, just two things mated together....

~Switch Racer EP~

Fresh Recruit
I too would like to know if this hybrid is recommended, i was told by a bretherin that it could work.... but if it's gonna cause problems... i can live without...

tom_hunt

Member +
Mine is fine. The only problem I had was with it not holding boost properly. Get your self an external wastegate and the jobs done :)

Tom

Aidan-G

Member +
my brother has one of sachas ct9/ct20 hybrids.......it wont work,even with an external wastegate..the compressor side is to big and the exaust side is too small,so its fit for the bin:p

G6Turbo

Member +
i've got a CT20/CT9 hybrid on my FTE. Its not exacly a CT9 exhaust housing on mine, wel heavily reworked....
Mine also failed too keep boost sensible :p, the actuator and the wastegate werent bit enough. So when i choose a external wastegate and braced the wastegate shut problem was fixed!

it gives good power 150 hp @ the wheels @ 0,7 bar

tom_hunt

Member +
i've got a CT20/CT9 hybrid on my FTE. Its not exacly a CT9 exhaust housing on mine, wel heavily reworked....
Mine also failed too keep boost sensible :p, the actuator and the wastegate werent bit enough. So when i choose a external wastegate and braced the wastegate shut problem was fixed!

it gives good power 150 hp @ the wheels @ 0,7 bar

Yeah the power they give is good. Its finding the right one I guess.
I think mine is the same as yours G6. They were made by an old member called "JD". Maybe some one else could give some advise on these?

Tom