ct9 chatter sound.

sramah1

Fresh Recruit
hi guys,

how do i get a chatter sound on my 97 glanza.
its running on its stock ct9 turbo, k&n apollo kit air filter.

some people say that i have to remove the vacuum pipe going in the DV.

PLS HELP;)

studoc72

Member +
Its one of those cases where opinions differ from experience ive never seen it do any damage to a turbo its one of those cases where it can never be proven. I myself dont believe it does any damage ive seen many cars run this set up for years with no hassle. Its a case of removing your Bov/DV and blocking off the pipe. This would normally release the excess pressure when you come off boost instead the air travels back thru the turbo the opposite direction and the noise it caused by the air hitting off the turbines and if you ask me sounds a damn lot better than a DV.

sramah1

Fresh Recruit
Its one of those cases where opinions differ from experience ive never seen it do any damage to a turbo its one of those cases where it can never be proven. I myself dont believe it does any damage ive seen many cars run this set up for years with no hassle. Its a case of removing your Bov/DV and blocking off the pipe. This would normally release the excess pressure when you come off boost instead the air travels back thru the turbo the opposite direction and the noise it caused by the air hitting off the turbines and if you ask me sounds a damn lot better than a DV.

so i need to remove my dv?

akyakapotter

Member +
Remove dv vac and block up with a bolt I ran my ct9 with no bov for months it was fine now run td04 with no bov again it's fine :D

studoc72

Member +
Yep you can leave the DV on there and just block the small VAC pipe this will prevent the DV from opening.

studoc72

Member +
Blitz or HKS are the best but they cost a small fortune unless you can get one 2nd hand. Baileys are cheaper but not too poular as they leak when you are driving on the motorway if you can put up with the hissing they are good enough.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
For some reason I get both chatter and the dump from the blitz BOV.. I can pretty much control the sound it makes by how lightly or quickly I release my foot from the accelerator. I’m also using CT9, front mounted filter, FMIC etc..

Pick1

Fresh Recruit
In my experience I had never had an issue with chatter I had it chatter for four years on a ct9 and now chatter on my td04 set up but I prefer that noise instead of a dv

twaiter

Member +
im the same as some of the guys above, i blocked off my bailey vac pipe and had a small blocked of pipe on the intake mani, this gave me the chatter sound which i like, but it takes that bit longer to spool back up when flooring it.
i can understand how this may be bad for the turbo seals as their is then extra pressure comming in the opposite direction that its used to as the blades chop the air so to speak, but ive not had any issues running like this.

i changed dv again with another baileys and i noticed that with the same setup as above i had a bit of boost leak, maybe the spring on the dv had weakened causing this? i put the dv back on and it boosted fine. ( strangely enough 5 mins later i blew a boost pipe of the IC) but thas another story.

Some like it, some hate it! I LOVE IT!

marty

Member +
I've just installed a front mount intercooler and I now get chatter sometimes when just pottering along but when giving it the beans it will still make the "psst" sound. It's a HKS SSQV 3 and it sounds the shit!

corofin12345

Member +
For some reason I get both chatter and the dump from the blitz BOV.. I can pretty much control the sound it makes by how lightly or quickly I release my foot from the accelerator. I’m also using CT9, front mounted filter, FMIC etc..

i get that on all dv's with relocated filter, as you said, you fiddle with the pedal to get either