cusco 1.5lsd ep82

Jack_ep82

Member +
Just fitted a glanza gearbox with a cusco lsd in my ep82 and am just wondering if its normal for loud clonking when turning each way, sort of sound like your driveshafts fucke**? fine in a straight line and when cornering the steering is pulling back to straight, can anyone tell me if this is normal as ive never had an lsd. Thanks

Rob H

Member +
Welcome to the Cusco LSD lol yep that is perfectly normal for a Cusco diff! I have just swapped mine for a Quaife as the missis did not like it. I would use the Redline LSD oil and Redline friction modifier that will make it better but it will still do it!

goldenvtr

Member +
6years of clunking so far for me lol

i tried a few diffrent oils and so called LSD modifiers.

now i just use titan 75/90 lsd oil still clunks but works amazing so who cares

6years of clunking so far for me lol

i tried a few diffrent oils and so called LSD modifiers.

now i just use titan 75/90 lsd oil still clunks but works amazing so who cares

X2 mate the looks people give like your car is fucked haha i love mine best mod iv done apart from my Wilwoods brakes

Jack_ep82

Member +
Thanks alot guys thats helped put my mind to rest, ive stuck fuchs titan race syn5 75w90 oil in the box as reccomended from opie oils. and cannot wait for santa pod now lol :)

AdamB

Member +
Sorry to hijack, but what are these like to live with?
Jack can you comment on how it feels? I can imagine you get a lot of strange looks with the clunking, but is it possible to live with it?
Toying with getting a cusco diff myself but just want to know how it feels to live with, even if its a daily.

Cheers

goldenvtr

Member +
you get used to driving, you do feel the clunks through the steering wheel, but i tend to leave in a high gear and give WOT on corners - this tend to lock the diff and due to being in a higer ear you dont rocket out of every corner like a chav lol

Jack can you comment on how it feels? I can imagine you get a lot of strange looks with the clunking, but is it possible to live with it?
Toying with getting a cusco diff myself but just want to know how it feels to live with, even if its a daily.

Cheers

Adam will be the best you ever buy pal

Jack_ep82

Member +

Cheers

Hi ad, i use my car daily sometimes, quite suprised not many people have looked as it is quite loud lol its certainly possible to live with as the other guys have said on here when turning slow you do get alot of clonking and can feel it through the steering wheel and sounds like its about to fall apart, however the perfomance of it when in use well overcompansates the noise and knocking of it when you decide to corner fast it really pulls the car into the corner without knock obviously and grips like fuc* in a straight line, i can finally get some grip now! would definatly reccomend it if you can live with a bit of clonking.

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
Sound for the advice lads, car won't be used as a daily just a weekend toy and I was after performance more than anything else. Looks like the cusco is on the list ;)

Which one have you guys got as I know there is the RS and MZ?