dent removal?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i was stupid when i was doing my ep85 conversion all those years ago and managed to put a dent in the fuel tank.

it stresses me out and i want to sort it out. i want to try and attack it from the outside and just improve it, it doesnt have to be perfect.
i reckon one of those weld on tag with slide hammer style dent removers would do the trick, but obviously welding to a full fuel tank isnt ideal :eek:

can you get bonded on versions of these dent removers? or does anyone have any other suggestions on how i could remove this dent without taking the tank out?

Jay

Admin
Random. I like it.

Hard to offer anything without a pic Dunc, but I did look up your madcap idea (it works in my head too) and there are indeed glue versions of that technique. Google glue pulling and there seems to be a few decent videos and kits available.

Jay

dac69er

Super Moderator
its been on the to do list for a while, just havnet got round to it yet.

car is in my mums garage, so will have to wait until i head over there again.

i will have a look into them and see how well they work in the videos. thanks :)

Skalabala

Member +
its been on the to do list for a while, just havnet got round to it yet.

car is in my mums garage, so will have to wait until i head over there again.

i will have a look into them and see how well they work in the videos. thanks :)

Maybe try the glue pull way? Heat it with a heat gun and hit it hard with hot glue and you own home made tab to pull on.