different turbo downpipe query

Harvey

Member +
Hi mate;

Just got a question. Is there any reason why your TD04/T25 etc turbo kits the downpipes are not made to fit a stock exhaust?

I appreciate they will bolt up to your system, but i just dont see any logic to it, and think more people would be interested if you could make downpipes that bolt up to stock systems?

Cheers mate;

Harvey

Dan3SGTE

Member +
sorry to say this but that is a really stupid question... (unless you dont know much at all about cars) then i appologize...

BUT, why would anyone tune their car to the point of fitting a different turbo but at the same time want to retain their standard, very restrictive exhaust system....? You wouldnt produce no where near the power through your standard exhaust with that uprated turbo on.....

starbogt

Member +
I believe he means the normal fitment ie the decat downpipe has the same fitment as the original exhaust bolts etc yet the wepr has different fittings it is quite a relavent question in my eyes as you could ask; why do people buy performance exhausts that fit on to the original cat when its the main restriction to the system? If the WEPR downpipe had the same fitments as the original cat then it would be more open to a wider market as it would fit more exhausts!

Andrew

Harvey

Member +
Yes exactly.

I wasnt saying to fit to a stock system, but more so an off the shelf aftermarket system ie a blitz or hks sytem. Would mean no custom modification to the exhaust system.

I just think many more people would be interested in both the exhaust systems and the turbo kits if it was all interchangable.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Well see that all makes so much more sense now lol...

i got the impression you wanted to fit the T25/tdo4 turbo/downpipe to the origonal exhaust system.....

Although im sure wepr does his own systems to fit his downpipes... but your saying what if you want a different exhaust just to bolt striaght on with no modification to the exhaust... i get it ;)

sorry

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well i did wonder this before, but the answer is simple really.

it promotes you buying his exhausts aswell as the turbo kit!, i dont think wepr is always on the top list of exhausts, but for people with td04 kits that either need the exhaust adapting or a new exhaust its quiet a simple choice.

ok for easy life it would be great if he could match the flanges but its just a clever way of making more cash :rockon:

Rory

Lifer
Its not hard to modify the exhaust to suit.
A good man with a welder will have it done within the hour

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
I agree this is something that was annoying to me, the decat doesnt match up to the replacement exhausts from japan etc which is a true shame, i had to have just over 1/3 of my exhaust remade to fit.

wickedep

Trader
harvey..
we will be selling downpipes in future that would bolt onto the stock system (will be compatible with any catback too). everything here at wepr is made for maximum performance..yes it is a plus that the current downpipe is made to fit our exhaust system..but its got nothing to do with making money..whats the point in having a free flowing 2.5" downpipe is youre going to have to bottle neck it to 2"inches (at the point where it bolts to any cat back)??

as mentioned before..we are all about maximum power..but we need to meet the demand too..thats why in near future you guys will be able to choose between two downpipes..:)

sacha
wickedEP Racing

Harvey

Member +
Ah yeah i see what ya saying mate, that the difference in pipe sizes causes an issue.

Its just that, you probably dont remember, but i had you build me a WEPR annhilator system to be cat back, supplied with a seperated decat :) Which was exactly what i wanted hence asking for it.

Just means that when i come to fit a T25 it wouldnt fit up. Yeah i know its not much to have a fabricator to modify it, its just the hassle of having the car transported to a fitter etc, so its great to hear we will have the choice later on :D

ep91loveit

Fresh Recruit
both side of this debate have valid points, i used work for a company in southyorkshire that made custom stainless exhaust and if am honest it's really not that hard to make a catback systems fit a down pipe. obviously there are factor that limit you i.e space and angles too how easy it can be done. if you go to a a good workshop it can be done within the hour and for around £40-60
you also got to remember your exhaust is only as big as the smallest point

jamesgtturbo

Member +
harvey..
we will be selling downpipes in future that would bolt onto the stock system (will be compatible with any catback too). everything here at wepr is made for maximum performance..yes it is a plus that the current downpipe is made to fit our exhaust system..but its got nothing to do with making money..whats the point in having a free flowing 2.5" downpipe is youre going to have to bottle neck it to 2"inches (at the point where it bolts to any cat back)??

as mentioned before..we are all about maximum power..but we need to meet the demand too..thats why in near future you guys will be able to choose between two downpipes..:)

sacha
wickedEP Racing

your the man sacha

wickedep

Trader
both side of this debate have valid points, i used work for a company in southyorkshire that made custom stainless exhaust and if am honest it's really not that hard to make a catback systems fit a down pipe. obviously there are factor that limit you i.e space and angles too how easy it can be done. if you go to a a good workshop it can be done within the hour and for around £40-60
you also got to remember your exhaust is only as big as the smallest point

thanks Ep91..the last sentance just about sums up what i was trying to say :)

sacha
wickedEP Racing