DVLA refusing to comply with Data Protection Act

sdutton007

Member +
The DVLA have been selling my details to parking companies for a car I'd sold previously. The V5 was 100% definitely transferred into the new owner's name, but I can not find the small bit of paper they send to confirm this.

The Data Protection Act specifically says that, upon request (and usually a small fee), they have to provide me with all data that they hold about me.

I have lost track of how many times I've phoned them, but they are often rather rude. They've hung up on me twice (and no, I wasn't swearing or abusing them in any way), and one bloke refused to give his name before he hung up.

I'm sure most people on here will be fully aware how incompetent and useless the DVLA are...

Can anyone suggest how I can obtain this information from the fuckwits? Cheers

H_D

Member +
The DVLA have been selling my details to parking companies for a car I'd sold previously. The V5 was 100% definitely transferred into the new owner's name, but I can not find the small bit of paper they send to confirm this.

The Data Protection Act specifically says that, upon request (and usually a small fee), they have to provide me with all data that they hold about me.

I have lost track of how many times I've phoned them, but they are often rather rude. They've hung up on me twice (and no, I wasn't swearing or abusing them in any way), and one bloke refused to give his name before he hung up.

I'm sure most people on here will be fully aware how incompetent and useless the DVLA are...

Can anyone suggest how I can obtain this information from the fuckwits? Cheers

Contact the information commissioners office http://ico.org.uk/