Dynod BUT couldnt get traction even in 5th so only made 404bhp lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +
As title..

Dynod the car but it only made 404bhp..... We done a few runs but he just kept saying it was spinning so new bigger tires or a hub dyno next. It held 1.85bar all the way to the redline.. In all honesty i dont think it will make 500bhp like i was aiming for, but we reckon its a genuine 430 minimum. The power on each run was varying by 20bhp odd showing the signs of spin at different points.

The set up should make 500 or near there but think i may have a fuelling problem as maxing out 850cc at 1.85bar is a little odd at that power.. So think the next port of call will be a larger Throttle bodie and just replace my old walbro as it was sitting for a long time and maybe causing lack of pressure.. Then a remap again.. For now though this will do as the car is savage on road and a dam dam powerful little car so im not bothered about chasing for now...

This is on a completely STOCK head, no cams/valves/port and polish nothing. But the head can flow more power so either the dyno is a bit of a poo poo reading due to too much spin, or a fueling restriction somewhere, blockage in the lines/rail or the pump... Will take another dyno run when i have better tires and compare and hopefully get traction to see exactly where im at.

As you can see in the graph, up top it flattens right out which is really odd as boost was perfect throughout..

Oh and it made 296BHP on low boost 0.75bar

Here is the graph and a few pictures on the new Satin black front end with grill etc and some engine bay shots...

GT3082dynograph.jpg

STARLETblackinterccoler2.jpg

Starlet3SGTEpurplerocker.jpg

STarlet3sgtepurplerocker2.jpg

Last edited:

turboloon

Member +
haha thats fucking nuts dan good power though...296 on low boost jesus i can only dream of that and i'm td04 on forged 4efte!!good luck with it though i'm watching this eagerly:)

AdamB

Member +
Looks awesome Dan, love your car :)
What fuel pressure you running? Is it a stock or aftermarket fpr? Can't tell in the pics, but could that not be your problem?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
haha thats fucking nuts dan good power though...296 on low boost jesus i can only dream of that and i'm td04 on forged 4efte!!good luck with it though i'm watching this eagerly:)

Thanks mate lol! Hay TD04's are a sweet set up! A good all rounder on the 4E, not all about number man dont worry!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Looks awesome Dan, love your car :)
What fuel pressure you running? Is it a stock or aftermarket fpr? Can't tell in the pics, but could that not be your problem?

Cheers Adam :) Appreciate that dude.

This was my first thoughts.. Im using a stock FPR on stock pressure but apparently it doesnt need an FPR to get in the high 400's.. Im going to give adrian a call today and have a chat with him and see what he thinks about the fuelling side of things.

AdamB

Member +
What are you 850's rated at pressure wise? Most injectors will be rated for example 850cc at 3 bar fuel pressure, if your stock pressure is say 2.5 bar, you may only be seeing 790cc. Maybe they are maxxing out because the pressure is low, but I would have thought this would have been picked up during mapping?
Just food for thought mate :)

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I dont know what pressure they are rated at but they normally max out at around 500-550bhp with proper fuelling.. I believe on one of my graphs it showed fuel going up to 3 BAR. When it was being mapped he didnt state that the pressure was low but would they be able to tell considering it was road mapped so no power graphs were on show?

I think my next step is to go to a hub dyno and see whats going on there at least i'll get a genuine figure with no chance of wheel spin and then go from there.. If it makes say anything over 400WHP then id say thats about right on my set up as that would be around the 470BHP

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Do you have a fueling graph Dan? That'll tell you if something is amiss :)

Nice power regardless ;)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

Murray

Member +
I dont know what pressure they are rated at but they normally max out at around 500-550bhp with proper fuelling.. I believe on one of my graphs it showed fuel going up to 3 BAR. When it was being mapped he didnt state that the pressure was low but would they be able to tell considering it was road mapped so no power graphs were on show?

I think my next step is to go to a hub dyno and see whats going on there at least i'll get a genuine figure with no chance of wheel spin and then go from there.. If it makes say anything over 400WHP then id say thats about right on my set up as that would be around the 470BHP

Nice power.
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on the car? if so whats it reading? A quick google tells me a 3sgte should be 33-38 psi at idle. What type are the injectors?
Could be that the stock FPR is getting abit tired and cant keep the pressure up. Or you have crud in your fuel system

Murray

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Thanks Nick :)

DO you mean an AFR graph yeah? as i do have that, i can post up? He said my AF was spot on and safe.

If the fueling is spot on and safe then I should imagine the fueling system is operating as it should, blockages etc would generally make the car run lean :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

AdamB

Member +
On second thought, are you still running the stock fuel tank and just a walbro 255 fuel pump? I don't think the 255 can handle much above 380bhp, so you might be better off running an inline bosch 044.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Nice power.
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on the car? if so whats it reading? A quick google tells me a 3sgte should be 33-38 psi at idle. What type are the injectors?
Could be that the stock FPR is getting abit tired and cant keep the pressure up. Or you have crud in your fuel system

Murray

I dont have a fuel pressure gauge no unfortunately.. Might be worth getting one. The injectors are Blitz 850cc side fed. It seems it might be worth getting an uprated FPR with gauge and replace the pump whilst im there to.

On second thought, are you still running the stock fuel tank and just a walbro 255 fuel pump? I don't think the 255 can handle much above 380bhp, so you might be better off running an inline bosch 044.

Stock fuel tank Adam, and just a 255 walbro pump as you say correct. I have been told that the walbro 255 can flow around the 500BHP mark? And a quick search suggests that people have made that power and beyond?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
TEXX....

It seems the walbro is at the bottom in performance in comparison... But from those tests i cant tell what power the walbro will be able to flow for?

Texx

Super Moderator
Assuming the FPR has a 1:1 ratio, a base fuel pressure of 3bar plus the additional 1.85bar to equal full boost will give a full boost fuel pressure of around 71psi.

According to those charts, at 71psi the Walbro will flow a maximum of 200LPH.

If the info in the below links are anything to go by, then the Walbro fuel pump supporting that sort of boost pressure would max out at around 450HP.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/frequently-answered-dsm-questions/278098-what-size-volume-fuel-pump-do-i-need.html

http://www.modularfords.com/f5/how-many-lph-per-hp-math-10117/

Fuel temperature will play a big part in the final max HP vs Boost figure the pump can support, hence you would want to add the 20% to the calculation to cover your ass.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Assuming the FPR has a 1:1 ratio, a base fuel pressure of 3bar plus the additional 1.85bar to equal full boost will give a full boost fuel pressure of around 71psi.

According to those charts, tt 71psi the Walbro will flow a maximum of 200LPH.

If the info in the below links are anything to go by, then the Walbro fuel pump supporting that sort of boost pressure would max out at around 450HP.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/frequently-answered-dsm-questions/278098-what-size-volume-fuel-pump-do-i-need.html

http://www.modularfords.com/f5/how-many-lph-per-hp-math-10117/

Fuel temperature will play a big part in the final max HP vs Boost figure the pump can support, hence you would want to add the 20% to the calculation to cover your ass.

So the walbro is definitely up for the job then at reaching 500 or at least very close to it even at base pressure....

I should be running more then 404.. Well i must be anyway as said that figure is with wheel spin but i assumed maybe 30hp worth of spin not 60 odd but i suppose you cant tell...

At that boost im running i dont think 500 is achievable on this set up...

Im wondering now if the pump is just not flowing properly and has had its day... Think i need another dyno run on a different dyno with traction.

Cheers for that mate