ECU King Thread

Tony Harrison

Member +
Well im pretty sure we have not got one of these yet so here goes....

Just interested to see what people have got in their cars, what various aftermarket ECUs have to offer in terms of performance, rarity, value etc. Anything really.

If you have one please post it up, and share us your thoughts about it and if anyone has infomation on any, get typing!!

Ill start off with mine,

2001839328582142972_rs.jpg

2001808452401152500_rs.jpg

Came with my motor, I didnt even know it was on untill I was reading about various ECUs, and what a nice surprise. It is coupled to a on-board fuel controller, and I cant really tell ya much else untill I get it to a RR. Pretty sure there are not many of these about, maybe someone could shed a light on it?

Ok, now some pics of other Aftermarket ECUs

A TOMS (TECS) one,
DSC00470.jpg

Mines,
1199292_l.jpg

Blitz Access,
EP91Blitz.jpg

So come on guys, anymore you can think of?

bigdoods

Member +
jam ecu(made for both ep82 and ep91)

-self learning ecu.
-made to fuel for ct9 turbo.
-raises rev limit to 8200rpm.
-eliminates speed cut at 180kmh.
-more aggressive air/fuel mixture.
-eliminates fuel cut.

drive car easy for 200-300miles so the ecu can adjust to your specific car.

buying this it saves you getting
-fuel cut defender
-speed limit defender
-air/fuel controller

expect to pay up to 450-500GBP for one

personal opinion; best modification i made to the car when i was on a ct9.

DSC02245.jpg
[/IMG]

Sagittarius

Member +
some more including pics.
EP82
1: Blitz Access Ecu:

Pictures:
Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2001-3.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2001-4.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2001.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2001b.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2002.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2002b.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2003.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2004.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20Ecu%2005.jpg

2: Buddy Club Black Box:

Pictures:
Buddy%20Club%20Black%20Box%2001.jpg

3: Farina Racers:

Pictures:
Farina1.jpg

Farina2.jpg

Farina3.jpg

4: JAM Racing:

Pictures:
JAM%2001.jpg

JAM%2003.jpg

JAM%2004.jpg

JAM%2005.jpg

JAM%2006.jpg

JAM%2007.jpg

5: Mines:

Pictures:
Mines%20001.jpg

Mines%20002.jpg

Mines%20003.jpg

Mines%20004.jpg

6: Ricoh:

Pictures:
Ricoh%20001.jpg

Ricoh%20002.jpg

Ricoh%20003.jpg

7: TOM's TECS:

Pictures:
Tom's%20TECS%2001.jpg

Tom's%20TECS%2002.jpg

Tom's%20TECS%2003.jpg

Tom's%20TECS%2004.jpg

Tom's%20TECS%2005.jpg

Tom's%20TECS%2006.jpg

Tom's%20TECS%2007.jpg

8: KS Rom:

Pictures:
ksrom1.jpg

ksrom2.jpg

EP91
1: Blitz Access Ecu

Pictures:
Blitz%20Access%20001.jpg

Blitz%20Access%20002.jpg

2: Farina Racers

Pictures:
Farina%20Racers%20001.jpg

Farina%20Racers%20002.jpg

Farina%20Racers%20003.jpg

3: Jam Racing

Pictures:
Jam%20001.jpg

Jam%20002.jpg

4: PAL Sports

Pictures:
PAL%20Sports%20001.jpg

PAL%20Sports%20002.jpg

PAL%20Sports%20003.jpg

PAL%20Sports%20004.jpg

5: SARD Analyse

Pictures:
Sard%20Analyse%20001.jpg

Sard%20Analyse%20002.jpg

Rory

Lifer
Run the Mines ECU piggybacked with the EMU just now.

But before it has run (on my car)

CT9a @ 1bar - Zero problems
TD04l @ 1.1bar - Zero problems

Only fueling upgrade was the Fuel pump.
I let the ECU do what its supposed to do.

At the time it was the best thing since sliced bread, really did notice a diffirence to the car after a few hundred miles.
Good buy at the time, but now the Emanage systems stride away out there, and cheap to.

This very one will be for sale early next year....

CMR

Member +
Got a Jam ecu myself, best mod i've done so far.
Also didnt realise there was so many ecu's!

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Apexi Power FC

IMG_0874.jpg

Some information.

The Apexi Power FC has been designed for drag racing use. These units have additional functions over the standard version.

* Ignition cut used for rpm limiter - Regular Apexi Power FCs cut fuel feed when the preset revolution limit is reached. At high rpm, there is the possibility of knocking when the fuel is cut in high powered cars. The Apexi Power FC .CPUs cut ignition at the rpm limit to prevent the knocking that could potentially destroy the engine.
0km/h rpm limiter setting - Allows for the setting for an initial rpm limiter that is active whilst the car is not in motion. This allows for mainting a rpm level for consistent launches.

Concept:

The Apexi Power FC proudly stands as A'PEX's answer to the constraints and limitations associated with most piggy-back style fuel controllers. The Apexi Power FC is a complete, stand alone, total engine management system capable of handling virtually anything thrown in its path. From multiple point fuel and ignition control to VTEC engagement (Honda applications) and boost settings, the Apexi Power FC is capable of accommodating even the most demanding performance enthusiasts.

Characteristics:

Currently available only through Power Excel Shops, the Apexi Power FC replaces the factory ECU and controls all engine parameters.(Off road use only, no OBD-II) Installation is as easy as replacing the factory ECU. (Some minor rewiring is required on select vehicles.) The factory engine harness does not need to be replaced and all critical accessories such as air conditioning continue to function. By using the optional Apexi Power FC Commander, the user can adjust and modify a wide range of settings. By changing various parameters and data, the Apexi Power FC will adapt to any of your performance needs. Since there is no need to upgrade ROM chips or trade in ECU's, the factory ECU can be kept by the original user.

The Apexi Power FC operates off of three Main Menus. These menus are : Monitor, Setting, and ETC.

In Monitor Mode, the Commander can display up to 10 parameters of data in real time.

Monitor Mode can display:
- Engine RPM
- Ignition Timing
- Vehicle Speed
- Air Flow Voltage (Pressure Sensor Voltage)
- Injector Duty Cycle
- Boost
- Knocking Level
- Battery Voltage
- Intake Air Temp
- Water Temp

In addition, there are 4 display patterns allowing 1-8 parameters to be shown on screen at once. The data displays in numerical real time values with the option of a real time 10 second graph display. Peak Hold values and Display Hold functions only require the touch of a button. The Map Trace Mode allows Ghost Map Tracing of the Fuel Correction and Ignition Timing maps. This allows the user to visually see what point of the map is being used in real time. The Ghost Map Trace function leaves markers on the used portions of the map for easy reference.

Setting Mode allows full access to the 20x20 ignition timing and fuel correction maps. The user can adjust any portion of this map in 5x5 sections. Air flow correction values can be entered for vehicles upgrading air flow meters. Injector pulse correction menu is used when upgrading injectors on the engine. The Acceleration Enrichment Correction function improves response under hard and sudden acceleration. The Cranking Fuel Injection menu corrects the amount of fuel when the engine is being cranked, or when the water temperature is cold. A separate Water Temp menu allows fuel correction according to water temperature. The RPM menu allows rev limiter settings and idle RPM levels. Access menus also vary according to specialty engines. Rotary engine Apexi Power FC's accommodate leading and trailing ignition maps. Honda engines Apexi Power FC's allow for VTEC control. Complete boost control is possible by using the optional Boost Control Kit (Not necessary for vehicles that come factory turbocharged.). Changing data is easy: just access the desired point on the map or data, and push the Apexi Power FC Commander keys in the appropriate direction.

The ETC Menu contains utility parameters such as : version information, LCD screen Brightness, and Initialization of all Data. In addition, the ETC Mode allows the user to monitor all factory sensors through one screen. This screen can tell the user if any sensor is in use or malfunctioning.

The Apexi Power FC also comes preprogrammed with several base maps. (Currently with Japan Domestic Market Vehicle Maps. Minor initial tuning may be required. Please contact your authorized Power Excel shop for more information.) This makes the initial tuning process much quicker. As with all other fuel controllers, the Apexi Power FC should be tuned on a dynomometer by a trained professional. A high grade air/ fuel ratio monitor is also recommended during tuning to ensure best results.

Value: Approx 500-600 Pounds

Rarity: These ECU's are no longer in production (Discontinued) for the EP82/EP91.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
I've got loads more pics but need to upload them
A friend of mine is selling his zep ep91 ecu

edit: this one:
145-Glanza_ZEP_ecu1.jpg

how could you really know its a zep ECU? as there are no seal and one can easily make a sticker like that. im not saying at your friends ECU Sagittarius. its in general.

Tony Harrison

Member +
Bloody hell, I didnt thaink there were that many going too!

Forgot to add that my Watanabe ECU also does away with Speed Limiter Defencer and Fuel Cut. Not entirely sure if it raises the rev limit, I feel the car dropping power just before 7,000rpm so never really taken it beyond that.

Dane, you made me laugh, "just a little info about it", then goes on to read a whole Magna Carter about the Apexi lol, great stuff tho, keep it up guys!!

Tony Harrison

Member +
Geussing it could be to do with what set up ya got going? If its midly tuned then suppose a Blitz, TOMS etc would be apt, but I hear e-Manage Blue and e-Manage Ultimate are awesome for bespoke fine tuning i.e. how you want you car to run, and not running on a general tuned map for the 4efte, which I think would be best for high performance modifications.

And also £££ makes a massive persaution (sp) in your choice too.

G6Turbo

Member +
i've got a Apexi mapped ECU, bought it of a guy here in Holland long ago.
Did make the car feel quite a bit faster :)