Effects of rear end collisions

kalibwenm2

Member +
Hi all,

I'm so sad right now, i ended up in a rear collision on friday, and i beleive my rear chassis frame has been affected, as my rear passenger doors won't open, and has gaps where it suppose to be tightly shut...anyway, as i'm figuring out how to get it fixed, i'm just wondering if strut bars, lower arm bars, and rollcages would help strengthen the chassis, after it is pulled back to 95% of it's original state?...

Freaking out over here, as i don't want to rightoff my car yet, i still beleive it has a few years to go...

Cheers...

Calum122

Member +
What car is it bud.

Nothing broke that be can't fixed. But you have to ask yourself whether it is economically viable to fix.

I was at the track this year when I saw a glourious Jaguar E Type.

The owner had cut out the floor, firewall and exhaust tunnel. Fabricated an Rotary engine under the bonnet andnspace framed the chassis.

Metal can be reworked to be made new again, but if it is a EP91 non turbo, then don't bother. Cheaper and easier to just buy another one

Jay

Admin
My advice I to take it to an experienced bodyshop asap and let them take a look at it. If a chassis has been bent or twisted it can pulled straight on a jig but it largely depends on the angle and how hard it has been hit. The fact that your rear door doesn't open concerns me though. Really sucks to hear another one is potentially off the road but at least you are okay (probably just a bit rattled by the experience).

Let us know how you get on bro.

Calum122

Member +
My advice I to take it to an experienced bodyshop asap and let them take a look at it. If a chassis has been bent or twisted it can pulled straight on a jig but it largely depends on the angle and how hard it has been hit. The fact that your rear door doesn't open concerns me though. Really sucks to hear another one is potentially off the road but at least you are okay (probably just a bit rattled by the experience).

Let us know how you get on bro.
Bah, have you seen the state enthusiasts restore Volkswagen Type 2's bud, a little tap to the back is nothing.

kalibwenm2

Member +
It's an ep81 starlet solei, which i've converted into a GT...the impact was so hard that my speaker casing broke my rear seats, and the ripple effect snapped a wire on my intank walbro fuel pump., and by looking at it you can tell that it was hit slightly more on the right handside.

I will take it to a fairly good shop today, and see how bad things are...our poorob in Seychelles is that we do not have the proper equipments to handle these kinda jobs...most body repai shops will pull it back to 75% of it's original state...

I will keep you all updated though...as for me, i got out with no injuries,but some back, and neck muscle pains...

Rev

Member +
To your last point, your bodywork may need time but still get a check up, document pains with doctors especially if insurance related, note alcohol can aggravate nerve pain don't underestimate sleeping as a way to rest stretched nerves and note Tasks that aggravate or encourage inflammation of the effected nerves are best avoided.

kalibwenm

Member +
5e colin, you're right and i've thought about reshelling the car, but i can't seem to find a decent one on sale, and the majority of starlets we have in the country, has already faced some similar damage, mine was actually on of the few good ones left...otherwise i can just get it fixed, make it a showcar, and sell it to a ricer kid.

Thanks for the advice Rev, taking good care of my back and neck...cheers mate.

As for the car, i'm still waiting for feedbacks and a quotation from the shop.

SKINY

Lifer
Main thing is that you are ok, I've had whiplash a few times and it's not fun one bit. Now a good knock could set it off again as it did in 2014 some 10 years after my original injury. Your health is your wealth look after that first bud.
Is this car white ? Trapped between a lorry and car ? Seen something on my Instagram feed yesterday just

kalibwenm2

Member +
Main thing is that you are ok, I've had whiplash a few times and it's not fun one bit. Now a good knock could set it off again as it did in 2014 some 10 years after my original injury. Your health is your wealth look after that first bud.
Is this car white ? Trapped between a lorry and car ? Seen something on my Instagram feed yesterday just

No skinny, it's pearl red, with black hood and black front end...still tryna find a garage that's willing to fix it, they're all busy...

kalibwenm

Member +
It took a while, but i managed to get it fixed guys, just one pull and it was back to normal...chassis wise everything is still inline, we only had to replace the spare wheel panel in the boot due to rust, the boot door, and the rear bumper, cuz i've decided to run a tom's bodykit...i'm proud to say that it's now looking even better than before,,,:):cool:

I'd share pics, but i have no clue how to upload it on here...

Jay

Admin
Good to hear dude, what doesn't kill her makes her stronger!

Try clicking the 'upload a file' button on the right. It should work but can be a bit iffy if the pic is too large.