ek9 civic type r

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostup

Member +
went to this mini meet last night with a few mates and was chilling and just talking in genral and some chinese guy comes in with an ek9 all striped out and people were sayin its got an 1.8 bottom end of somsort it and an rollcage and all sorts of bits in there and was an estimated 200bhp or there abouts and offerd me a little drag was on a private road and i couldnt say no as everyone was there and would have been abit embarassin so i said ok so we lained up but supprisingly i was glued to him all the way untill the road ended my starlets still running on stock boost and stock turbo or are ek9 jsut not that quick?and no am not making another honda vs starlet thred but am jus asking in genral as i was supprised i was still with him:)

im suprised too thought a stripped out 200bhp ek9 would be a few car legnths ahead of a standard ep or am i wrong?
i know from experience that a b16 ef box shape civic is abot 4 car legnths ahead of a stanard glanza at 118mph from a 20mph rolling start

boostup

Member +
im suprised too thought a stripped out 200bhp ek9 would be a few car legnths ahead of a standard ep or am i wrong?
i know from experience that a b16 ef box shape civic is abot 4 car legnths ahead of a stanard glanza at 118mph from a 20mph rolling start

i wouldnt say my cars stock but it is on stock boost atm

boostup

Member +
looks like he had a decent exhaust system on it was small but was very loud could have been spoon or somthing

lleey2k4

Member +
Spoon N1 is it?

Yer my m8s standard ek9 i can only just pull away in 3rd at 0.85 bar boost, not much in it at all.

Obviously you must have been racing a midget who cant get the pedal to the floor or summat lol :p

ktl

Member +
I'v beaten my mate off the lights. ALl i have is a manifold and running 0.7 boost.

His is a type r ek9 1.6 200hp.

He was suprised. The vtec kicks in at 6k

zee20

Member +
stock ek9 type r's are not that fast but when you get the word 'turbo' next to ek9 then its a different type of breed as they are very very quick

boostup

Member +
Spoon N1 is it?

Yer my m8s standard ek9 i can only just pull away in 3rd at 0.85 bar boost, not much in it at all.

Obviously you must have been racing a midget who cant get the pedal to the floor or summat lol :p

might have been a spoon n1 not to sure tho he seemed as he was taking the car to its limits to as i was lane to lane with him the way he was banging it in to gear was just to funny

lleey2k4

Member +
Theres some one around stafford area running a gt35 on his ek9 and from what i have heard he got around 450bhp and was running really quick 1/4 miles and ek9's have the handling to go along with the power, id like 1 but not with the insurance that follows them lol for a 1.6 fuck that :shoot:

yh mate thats right but i was just expecting him to take me as ive herd ek9 are quick and plus his was all striped out just the two front seats he had in there

yeah i tink they are a nice bit quicker than a an ep normally im guessin youd need abot 180bhp to pull away from an ek9? but thats a guess maybe sum1 who has been up against a ek9 could say?

Status
Not open for further replies.