emanage blue communication cable

jackep82

Member +
does anybody have pics of this? the cable and the adaptor if possible.. we already fetted it but the kit didnt come with the communication cable.. so if anybody has the pics of the pins and sockets we would be ver greatful :(

thanks

jack

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
There's alot of people out there that claim a normal USB cable will work but its not true, there are some cable's that will work out there but they have to be specificly made for the Emanage unit, its best just purchasing the real cable, this is for the Emanage Blue only though.

The Emanage Ultimate works with any USB cable :)

Hope this helps
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

jackep82

Member +
There's alot of people out there that claim a normal USB cable will work but its not true, there are some cable's that will work out there but they have to be specificly made for the Emanage unit, its best just purchasing the real cable, this is for the Emanage Blue only though.

The Emanage Ultimate works with any USB cable :)

Hope this helps
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

yeah i would really want to buy that cable but nobody in our area sells that:(

we also made a usb to usb cable but it doesnt work... we bought the usb to serial port cable (rs232) but newer laptops doesnt have the 9 pin serial port anymore.. thats why im looking for alternatives.. hopefully someone can point us in the right direction :)

jackep82

Member +
what drivers were you using adam? and were you using a type A-type to type-A usb cable? i also have the usb to usb cable but im having no such luck :slap:

Harvey

Member +
I dont know how that works then...

As i could not get a USB-USB to work.

The reason is because the emanage software needs updating!

The software looks for a COM connection which of course is a serial thing USB doesnt have a com address (at lewast not that i know of!!??)

I had to buy a USB - serial adapter. It works because it has supplied software that fools the computer to thing there is a COM port.

jackep82

Member +

jackep82

Member +
and a follow up question their beatz, the normal usb plug goes to the emanage side right and the smaller one goes to the laptop? :homer:

Dave.

Member +
Out of interest, will that work for E-manage blue aswell mate, or is that Ultimate only?

Do they have the same USB connector even?

(I'm not too sure, its just not clear from the sites I've read lol)

Dave

Rory

Lifer
The emange Blue and Ultimate, use diffirent cables.

Ultimate uses, a printer like cable, USB to Sqaure end(with 2 corners chopped off)
Blue uses, USB to USB.

Dave.

Member +
I thought that was the case. I've posted a link up top to some good information if you've got the time/skill to make your own one.

If you've got an ultimate then beatz is spot on

Dave

jackep82

Member +
yeah i kina figured beatz was talking about the EU.. my uncle's GT has got one on it.. EU rocks.. not that muh hassle :rockon:

but as for me im stuck with the emanage blue.. i was really great but up until the owner of the cable took his cable back :mad: lol.. anyways im trying to make the DIY cable.

whish me luck :p