EMU a/f auto tune.

Jeffers_21

Member +
Im just about to istall a AEM widband and a emanage ultimate, and I want to use the a/f auto tune. Would i be best off to install the wideband sensor in the narroband hole and run it in closed loop with the emanage doing the a/f auto tuning? Or should i run the normal 02 sensor and the wideband at the same time?

Am i right in saying if there is no 02 sensor plugged in it will automaticly go in to closed loop?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
what the man above said.. the em auto tune function sucks BIG TIME.. especially since ur using an aem wideband.. as there is no preset config for the aem on the emu parameters, so getting it to read correctly is almost impossible...

kon

Stu-

Member +
Auto Tune is a bit of an ambiguous term - they only 'self learn' to targets set on the map. If the targets are out, the tune will be out too.

Proper tune is always best. Saying that if the targets are right it will speed things up no end.

Jeffers_21

Member +
i wanted to set it up just while i wait and get it to a mapping session. but it looks like ill just have a play my self lol

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Auto Tune is a bit of an ambiguous term - they only 'self learn' to targets set on the map. If the targets are out, the tune will be out too.

Proper tune is always best. Saying that if the targets are right it will speed things up no end.

The AFR targets are set by the tuner, so only as easy to fuck up as any other bit of the tuning. I've no experience with EMU but I've used the autotune on my Megasquirt and it is awesome, really smoothed out my professionally done map which was awful and from a highly reputable mapper.

Stu-

Member +
Agreed - its setting the AFR's in the first place that needs to be right. I've used auto tune on Autronics, Links and Megasquirts - all work well but still prefer a manual tune.

Chris@CCM

Member +
Agreed - its setting the AFR's in the first place that needs to be right. I've used auto tune on Autronics, Links and Megasquirts - all work well but still prefer a manual tune.

On emu it dose not work well at al it's very poor