EP82 Indicator sets

Discussion in 'Jay's EP82 Spares' started by Jay, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Jay

Jay Admin

Surplus to requirements, both sets are in good condition and unbroken (a rarity in itself these days).

Set 1 is a regular pair of early indicators from an EP82, only thing to note is that one side is missing the rubber strip around the edge.

20190810_135412.jpg

Set 2 is a little bit rarer, these seem to be a variant of the standard lense with an 'edge' in front of the headlamp. They are a regular sight on the jap auctions so are a common thing there but not here. Seem to be available for the later non-turbo EP82's, these came from a 1994 Soleil in Japan.

The only difference I can see is that they make the indicator more visible from the opposite side of the vehicle.

Due to the design they do look a bit odd next to the headlamps. Might suit someone either stuck for a standard set or seeking a something a bit different. Took plenty of pics:

20190810_130053.jpg

20190810_125848.jpg

20190810_125913.jpg

20190810_125844.jpg

20190810_125854.jpg

20190810_125941.jpg

Both sets are £70 plus post.

2. pc18

pc18 North West England Area Rep.

i think my ep85 had those sticky outy type ones.

Jay likes this.
  3. Jay

Jay Admin

Stock set no longer available. Still have the uncommon variant.

(Better way of saying weird)

SKINY likes this.
  4. Farley

Farley Paid Member

Out of interest were those sticky out ones coupled with sticky out matching headlights (if there were any) or just as pictured, protruding far past the headlight?

5. Jay

Jay Admin

That's them fitted with stock GT headlamps in the pics.

EP80 NA lamps sit even shallower than that from memory.

There are no other headlamp options that would mask them (it would defeat the object of having them stick out I reckon)

6. Farley

Farley Paid Member

7. Jay

Jay Admin

Yeah that's what I mean, you can see how proud it sits on the side closest the camera, this translates to seeing part of it sticking out on the far side corner.

8. Jay

Jay Admin

Ep80 lamps are glass, shallower and have a more sloped appearance than GT squarelamps as the nose and bonnet on an EP80 is shorter.