EP82 on 15" x 8j rims

kalibwenm

Member +
Hi all, i just bought a set of 15" x 8j offset rims, and would like to know the disadvantages in terms of handling and performance, due to the wider tyre setup all around...anyone tried this before?

I own an EP81, converted into a GT....engine wise it's basically stock.

Cheers :)

Jay

Admin
Possibly get a bit more 'tramlining' when compared to the narrower rims. Still more rubber equals bigger footprint equals more grip.

You may experience clearance issues at the right hand rear arch, most GT's dislike incorrect offsets when lowered.

Jay

kalibwenm

Member +
Thanks Jay.

I'm using a set of 16" x 7j at the moment, and i like the handling a lot, but i can't keep using it anymore, due to a bent rim...so i think more grip on a 15", will suit my driving style better.

As for the clearance issue, it does have a big negative offset...would the fact that i'm using Drag & Drift coilovers, help this issue? cuz they're pretty stiff, and it has 40 points of adjustments...i need to messure the rim offset though.

What is tramlining?

kalibwenm

Member +
I'm having problems to find a good set of tyres, in my country, to fit the width of the rims...what brand and size, would you guys recommend?

Remember it's a 15" x 8j offset rims.

thanks in advance.

kalibwenm

Member +
how's a 195/55/R15 on a set of 8j rims...that's all i could find so far...otherwise there's the federal 595 tyres at 195/50/R15, but idk if the rigid sidewalls will allow it to stretch-fit nicely, plus it's expensive...