Evo 6 Recaro help

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Right guys, I have done a search but im looking for your input on this please. I got myself a mint set of Evo 6 recaros for my Glanza. Im just looking for some help and advice from people on how best to fit them. I have a set of Evo 6 rails and a set of Glanza rails and was thinking of chopping the legs off the Glanza rails and welding them too the Evo rails. Any tips or advice people could give would be great or indeed any other way to fit them without having to buy Recaro Ep91 rails.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

SCOTTIX

Fresh Recruit
best way i woulda thought is to use the glanza rails as they are ment for the car and therefore wont need to be mesured for the base as they are ready to fit streaght in (i would put the rails in the car put seats ontop to arrange location u want the seats to sit at eg. u wanna be able to shut the door and try and chalk or mark out where they sit on the base of the seat where u can fabricate joints fo the seat to fit i had sum reclining bucket seats to fit on recaro subframes from a calibra in my old corsa

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Was thinking of that too but i took the seat base off the glanza seat to check and the rails are not flat. From what i can tell the mechanism for the back tilt is built into the rail and cant be removed.

SCOTTIX

Fresh Recruit
only choice now is to either try and get the evo subframes to fit or combine ( it can be done if u got the tools jus a canny fuck on tbh )

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Well i got these fitted this morning.

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0363.jpg

Big thanks to Madman and Turbo head off here for the fabrication work. They need a good valet now but im delighted with them. Really comfy and a great improvement on the standard seats.

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Thanks mate. Praise has to go to the two lads for sorting the rails though as i just didnt have the time to fabricate the brackets and I needed them out of the house lol. Gonna give them a good valet later on today hopefully.

matt walters

Member +
yeah but still look mint :) i got some in mine last week, bit different to yours though, mine came with the brackets already on though so i cheated lol. comfy arent they :)

think i prefer yours now looking at them lol

clarkytrd

Member +
Ahh... ya got them in!!

They look class man, really suit it. Went in handy enough they did?

The backs of them line up ok they do?!

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Ahh... ya got them in!!

They look class man, really suit it. Went in handy enough they did?

The backs of them line up ok they do?!

Yeah they went in grand. Bit fiddly to get all the holes lined up for the bolts but took my time and got them sorted. The backs are perfect man. Must of been whatever way the slider was sitting was throwing it out. Bit of work to do on them but its all good.