Fastest Auto Starlet/Glanza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glanza-V

Banned
Which is the FASTEST AUTO Starlet/Glanza known to the forum?

Im toying with the idea, to go unique haha

Can u imagin "K-26 Auto" lmfao

im sure i can pick a Shatterd Glanza auto for £1500!

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Which is the FASTEST AUTO Starlet/Glanza known to the forum?

Im toying with the idea, to go unique haha

Can u imagin "K-26 Auto" lmfao

im sure i can pick a Shatterd Glanza auto for £1500!
You need a uprated auto box to withstand them sort of boost and power levels mate, i believe the stock auto box is rated for a rough 200bhp max.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah the torque converter will just explode with more power than that.

i remember riko showing zep did an uprated auto box i believe it cost about 2 grand tho..

Greg0r

Member +
the boxes can apparently take 200 bhp, but for how long?

and considering they practally do 80 in second with that power, i reckon it would be rapid! if it was anywhere near 200ponies

and when you say ashattered glanza for £1500, ?? high miles, bad cond etc?

remember some guy on here sold an amazing looking silver glanza with quite a few mods for like £1800

Last edited:

Chris@CCM

Member +
yby was saying last time i saw him that he thinks the auto box could have took more power and that his only went cos it had done a lot of dyno work :)

Jay

Admin
It's open to debate but one thing I do know is that maintainance of the autobox is a major key in it's lifespan.

YBY's auto is the only one I can think of locally, it saw a LOT of dyno and open road before dying. It even made a last trip to Dublin minus it's reverse gear (Domo and I had to push him out of the driveway FFS). Last time I spoke with John about it he was pretty certain the dyno killed it - the kickdown cable was disconnected on those runs and this is a bad thing for the box pressure apparently.

Fastest auto onsite? Don't have a clue - bring them and I'll race them! :rockon:

riko666

Member +
If in doubt, get the internals of the gearbox Cryo-treated - doesn't cost the world, but multiplies metal strength exponentially. That or the Zep Auto Gearbox :p

You'd also need to consider an uprated Flexplate to deal with the heat and power, an uprated Torque Converter to not just waste all that power and so on...(I think those items are all standard on the Zep Racing Gearbox)

Jay

Admin
Yep, as Riko states, cooling is a big factor here.

I'll maybe make the next trackstar an auto..:gt-smilie:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Yep, as Riko states, cooling is a big factor here.

I'll maybe make the next trackstar an auto..:gt-smilie:

lol... anything to make it a lazier drive eh lol :p

i think to date Yby's was the most poweful auto iv heard of.. (well in the last 4 years anyways :p)

kon

Why would you want an auto?

When I was given my auto gt by a no longer able to drive grandad the first thing i did was find everything i needed and convert it to manual.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
hes driven ample manuals,

its just for a challenge and a bita fun to say hes got the best auto.. nice idea neway just would take alota cash and time

yby

Fresh Recruit
Run a auto cooler, good synthetic fluid and change regularly. Never allow anyone (even dyno operators) to disconnect the kick down cable. This is what damaged my box and its days where numbered after that.

If I was to do it again I'd uprate the torque converter to a 3000-3200 rpm stall speed. That way you'll get out of the hole every time. Mine was a low 14's car (proven). With a good stall converter you'll run low 13's easy (oh yeah and you'll need 200bhp :D )

Kelly

Member +
Why would you want an auto?

coz its fun to give ppl with that attitude the finger when you pass them:p

seriously my auto is ALOT of fun and i challenge most things to pass me. and thats with the lil power i have now.
i can challenge 4wd off the line. bens 250bhp gt dont pass me until 70mph and dans gsr didnt pass until same speed ish.
i got big plans on the way for her...... :rockon:

Elaine

Lifer
That’s very impressive Kelly. I have been thinking about getting an auto this for a while now.

Only ever been in one sort of Auto and that was a Supra TT and he killed the all the 6 speed’s on the track.

For the GT Auto am I right in thinking you can’t have any old FMIC on there it needs to be designed for the Auto???

Status
Not open for further replies.