Few questions about E-manage blue.

Sendoff74

Fresh Recruit
Hello.
I'm planning to install EMB on my car.I read a lot of information on this forum but i still have some questions.
My specs are:
Stock 4efte
ct9
~2.5 inches decat exaust.
HDI FMIC
Relocated airfilter.
HKS adjustable actuator
Auto-transmission.

So, is it possible to get about ~190 SAFE(not to kill engine :) hp with this setup?
And do i need Ebc? or i can run ~1 bar boost using actuator?

Thanks a lot.

Jay

Admin
Hi bud,

Running a CT9 at a bar with supporting mods (upgraded intercooler, upgraded manifold and sufficient fuel to cater for the boost) should get you in the area of 180-190 bhp. Although you would be pushing a fair bit of heat with a ct9 at that power which isn't a good thing. 1 bar of boost is easily achievable with an adjustable actuator.

An alternative would be to opt for a td04 turbo and run it at a lower boost level. Should net you the same power but offer a more enjoyable/reliable setup. Depends what you feel is your best option though.

The autobox is a bit of a weakspot, make sure it's well serviced and carefully checked prior to jumping on the power search.

I've managed to kill two with lack of care. Will I ever learn? Stay tuned for the next installment of 'Absolutely Fucking Not' :D

Sendoff74

Fresh Recruit
Thx
Do i need to upgrade injectors/fuel pump if i decide to go TD04?
Btw, i can buy borg k24 turbo, is it equal to TD04?

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Standard injectors and fuel pump are usually fine to 200bhp, even more in some cases. Only thing is that they will be pushing on 20 years old at least so fresh upgrades are always a good idea. That's a lot of fuel to pump so the original units are probably tired by now.

K24 is an equivalent size but offers a different power delivery. Tends to build it rather than deliver in one punch which makes the TD04 such fun. I would class TD04 as a mainstream choice, K24 a little more 'interesting' but essentially not as capable or responsive. Blitz used it and the K26 version for their turbo kits back in the day. I've always wanted to see how the set up would work with an auto as the power delivery shouldn't stress the transmission out as much. You might be onto something..