Fitting a Comrade C short shift.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Haven't seen a tutorial for this yet and since I've just fitted mine I thought I might as well take some pics and put em up for all to see.

Top tip, take your ash tray out and use it to keep all your screws/clips together.

First off you need to get all the trim that surrounds the hand brake and gear stick, you'll need to remove these

SUNP0157.jpg

at the back of the hand brake trim

SUNP0158.jpg

inbetween the gear stick and hand brake

SUNP0156-1.jpg

in the foot well

You'll then be able to remove all the trim and you'll have something looking like this

SUNP0159.jpg

Take a couple of minutes to admire the Jap scratch cards, they're pretty!

SUNP0160.jpg

use a screw drive to lever the clips that hold the gear rod thingys in place (hope I'm not getting too technical for everyone! :D)

SUNP0162.jpg

take the pin off the gear rod thingy and undo the 4 bolts that hold the gear stick assembly in place

SUNP0161.jpg

you'll then be able to turn it over and get to the second gear rod thingy

SUNP0163.jpg

You'll then have this

SUNP0164.jpg

Time for one of these

SUNP0165.jpg

and one of these

SUNP0166.jpg

thats the easy bit over.

Now you'll need to strip it all down so you can fit all the Comrade's bits. Its a bit of a bitch tbh but lots of swearing and a few cigarettes and you'll be sorted.

this bastard is the enemy

SUNP0167.jpg

it was a nightmare to get off, in the end I took a hack saw to it. The post that it holds in place is also a nightmare to get out. I found that turning green, developing long ginger hair and roaring alot helped.

The ball socket that holds the gear stick is also a bitch (anyone see a theme here?) I took a hack saw to that too. Probably not the best idea but cutting down one side gave it enought play to pop the gear stick out. Its all sturdy enough when you put it all back together so shouldn't be a problem, mine seems ok.

So once you've stripped it all down you'll be left with these 2 parts

SUNP0168.jpg

Time to put all your short shift bits on.
I used this as a
reference cheers to Riko for the link.

Half way built

SUNP0169.jpg

SUNP0170.jpg

SUNP0171.jpg

and the remaining parts fitted

SUNP0172.jpg

SUNP0173.jpg

SUNP0174.jpg

SUNP0175.jpg

Had these left over :confused:

SUNP0176.jpg

Time for a

SUNP0165.jpg

and a

SUNP0166.jpg

Then all you need to do is go back out to your car and fit it in the reverse order of how you took it off (obviously!).

Never found anywhere for the left over parts but mine sooms ok.

Hope this helps guy, the Comrade kit feels good, gear shifts are very quick, its all very close together now.

Apart from fitting a lower arm bar this is the first mod I've done, don't be scared to get out there and have a go, it is pretty easy to do.

just previewed this and sorry, my pics are crap (cheap camera) but the pics and the link should give you enough reference to work it out.
Any questions or feedback please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Any chance a Mod can move this to the tutorial section? Its been up for a while now with a few views and no comments so I'm guessing everyone is happy with it.