FMIC with toms kit

sanchez

Member +
lookin to buy a fmic but have a toms kit fitted and have heard tht alot of fmic's needs the bumper to be chopped!???
has any one fitted a fmic to a toms kit as i dont want to chop at it?

was lookin at the blitz one as its a direct fit to a standard bumper i fink but its alot of money, but if that involves no choppin thn so be it??

cheers

Dave.

Member +
My car has a TOM's kit and a Blitz LM FMIC and It seems virtually unmodified. Although I didn't fit it, I can't see anything visible to signal its been modified :)

Dave

ChrisW

Lifer
Ive recently done this mate but with an autobahn cooler which I believe is based on the Blitz design.

Anyway, there is quite a bit to come off the TOMS bumper at the back, I'd say around 5 inches worth. This only needs to come off from the centre part of the bumper where obviously the FMIC will fit. Well worth doing though IMO.

Just take it steady and cut it inch by inch to get a perfect fit. I think it took me 2 hours plus to get mine spot on, as I didnt want any gaps. Once cut properly you cant even tell that it's been modified.

IMGP1336.jpg

IMGP1335.jpg

Hope that helps anyway!

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
heres mine, its a galant vr4 intercooler not the best pic
tada.jpg

Someone has fitted a hdi one (very good fmic) to a toms kitted ep82
link

sanchez

Member +
cheers guys tht helps alot!

as far as intercoolers go is it better to pay tht bit more and get a more expensive 1 eg. blitz lm ??

cos all the motors in the pics seem to show the blitz one fitting nicely
cheers

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Here is a pic of a guy from the forum who bought one of My HDI Intercoolers and fitted it with his TOMS kit personally i think it looks very very nice. And lots of people will tell you that have bought this kit they perform very very well indeed. Quality kits.

untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

MaccyD

Member +
that looks gash lol, also i wish my bumper was in as good condition as that, fortunately i actually have a blitz intercooler and a toms bumper

DSCF2119.jpg

img0475co5.jpg

the modification is pretty simple, all you need to do is tickle away the back of the bumper, even if you fuck up its easy to correct, just lay it down on something soft and get a big block and some sand paper, as long as the edges are flat it will look tidy. good luck

sanchez

Member +
cheerz for all t comments buti think im jus gonna pay tht bit extra and go wit the blitz 1

it jus looks nicer and looks like better build quality
guess thts why it is more expensive

cheers

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Those HDI coolers really are the buisness! also it looks like the pipe work fits behind the bottom cutouts in the toms bumper great, i shall be ordering one at some point.

Last edited:

Si_Glanza

Member +
that looks gash lol, also i wish my bumper was in as good condition as that, fortunately i actually have a blitz intercooler and a toms bumper

DSCF2119.jpg

img0475co5.jpg

the modification is pretty simple, all you need to do is tickle away the back of the bumper, even if you fuck up its easy to correct, just lay it down on something soft and get a big block and some sand paper, as long as the edges are flat it will look tidy. good luck

Oh My God your bonnet is Sexy time!

GTnomez

Member +
ive got a FMIC with a TOMz kit but...... lucky for me jamesbaa had already done all the hard work!!!!