Fog Lights

kilo

Member +
Has anyone on here, dimed down their fog light to make them into driving lights? The reason I ask is I was wondering if you could put a weaker bulb into it to have them on all the time like driving lights as Mercedes etc have?

The big question would be how could you prove it if you get pulled over by the police

Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
driving lights should only be on when the main headlights are on high beam and are normally as powerful or more powerful than foglights.

do you mean daytime running lights? if so, just stick some low power LED's in there.

kilo

Member +
I thought of popping a lower set in, but also wanted to know if you would get stopped for them. Really dont want the hassle nor blind someone

Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
Do you want them as daytime running lights or driving lights?

If it's driving lights it's simple. As long as you are on low beam your dogs won't be on anyway.

If it's daytime running lights some low power led lights will be fine as long as they don't appear too bright.

Getting stopped all depends on the police in your area. Where I live is pretty lax so I wouldn't get stopped for it I doubt.

davehart

Member +
I've always found the stock lights on my GT are more than enough to see where your going. Compared to the GT4 its like night and day as the stock lights in that are shocking.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I've always found the stock lights on my GT are more than enough to see where your going. Compared to the GT4 its like night and day as the stock lights in that are shocking.

really? mine are terrible.

my cinquecento lights are far superior!

kilo

Member +
Mine arent fantastic, but definatly do enjoy the difference it makes. Especially against new other peoples new head light

Paul_JJ

Member +
Stock lights on a Glanza are horrible in a rain. OK in dry conditions but really bad in a rain. For example Mitsubishi Galant of that time 1997-1999 has far more superior headlights...

Phil

Super Moderator
Headlamps on a quadlamp gt is vastly superior to square lamps in my limited experience

Phil

kilo

Member +
Stock lights on a Glanza are horrible in a rain. OK in dry conditions but really bad in a rain. For example Mitsubishi Galant of that time 1997-1999 has far more superior headlights...

I just don't think Toyota where too interested in if you could see or not, just see how quick you can get from A to B