Fried ECU or blown fuse

kevv

Fresh Recruit
Right so i made a school boy error while jumping my car and crossed the terminals by accident, started my van there were no sparks or that. Left it 2 minutes and went to start my car and nothing happened, jamp out and realised what id done turned the van off and swapped the leads the correct way, tried again and all i can get to work is the lights.. Can someone shed a bit of hope and tell me ive not fried the ecu and hopefully just blown a fuse or just knackered one of the playes in the battery! Cheers :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
i did the same once upon the time, i just blew the main fuse in the fuse box.

check through the fuses, you should be ok unless your really unlucky.

kevv

Fresh Recruit
Cheers ive had a few pals tell me thats probably whats happend thank god! Haha am i correct in saying its a 100A slow blow fuse bolted underneath the fuse box in the engine bay?

dac69er

Super Moderator
it was an 80A or 100A when i blew mine. but it will be pretty obvious if it has blown anyway.

also worth checking through your other fuses in the engine bay fuse box and in the cabin just to make sure. i think my radio fuse blew and something else at the time. these were just standard blade fuses.

Calum122

Member +
I heard about someone doing this before in the past. A lot of sensitive electronics that are not expecting current to be flowing in the opposite direction. From what I recall, it did not go well for him. Hope this isn't the case for you mind.

kevv

Fresh Recruit
Good news, it just blew the 100A and one little 15A in the engine bay! Swapped them out and it runs like a dream! Cheers for the help:cool::cool: