gizzmo ms-ibc problems 2

ktl

Member +
After a week of fitting it and working it has occured a fault.

The controller unit has gone all spazzy with it flashing constantly, and giving me all random figures. The solenoid is constantly making a clicking noise. It doesnt show what pressure im doing when im booting it. I'v pmed Burwash to see what he can do for me.

So at the moment not very good item lol.

grrr why cant things work once and stay working!!!

my cars in bits at the moment and not running right (awaiting for forge engine :) )

:mad:CARS!

rant over

ktl

Member +
I have taken the unit out of the car and wired it directly to the battery for further testing. It was still doing it, even when i just plug the control unit and not the solenoid. The screen was going mental and giving me random numbers.

whiteglanzav

Member +
oh dear, arent there any other wires that need conecting up because wen i got my hdi it did funny things like that wen the white wire wasnt connected

ktl

Member +
black and red wire mate. Just annoyed really how a couple of days use and its just gone wankerd

Im in contact with gizzmo themselves now. They have asked me to send the unit back to them for testing.

Im more relaxed now lol!!

thanks to Burwash for helping aswell

!

grant620

Fresh Recruit
Hi,
Sorry to hear of your problems.
As per emails, please be assured that we will get this sorted for you ASAP.
We will update on here when we have tested the unit.
It is very unfortunate that it seems we have had 2 units faulty on here in 2 posts!
Over 120 of these are sold per month and the return rate is extremely low indeed, so whilst it doesn't help you, it should be considered very rare to have problems.
Sorry again.

Cheers
Grant
Gizzmo Electronics

superspat

Member +
stick with it mate they shit hot boost controllers, neva had a problem with mine, guess ur just unlucky enough to get a funny 1 mate

ktl

Member +
I will. Im only annoyed as i had a HKS boost controller and that didnt work either. so just want 1 that is problem free.

Grant is being very helpfull and im sending the unit back to them tomorrow to find out why its gone funny.

It is a very nice controller though i must say and easy to set up!!

superspat

Member +
they are really easy to set up, the only thing im dont like is the led display at nite as its bit to bright i think, apart from that i love it, having 1 ebc that dont work is bad enough but 2 is takes the piss, lol

ktl

Member +
they are really easy to set up, the only thing im dont like is the led display at nite as its bit to bright i think, apart from that i love it, having 1 ebc that dont work is bad enough but 2 is takes the piss, lol

dim it down, i love the blue light :D !!

yeah you know its fustrating!

what gain have u set urs at ? i did set it to 10 but im thinking i need to go more as i couldnt feel no difference. duty set at 50 for 1 bar! (hybrid tongturbo)

DavidAshton

Member +
On mine on a CT9 duty 70 gives me 1.2 bar and I set the gain to 25, any higher and it overshoots too much when it first spools. I find that gain makes little difference on a ct9 as it spools super quick anyway. Ive tried to use the spike stop to increase the gain but find that spike stop slows the spool down way too much for my liking.

Really is a shit hot controller no drop off at all at high rpm, im just forever tweaking the settings to get it perfect.

superspat

Member +
i got mine all set up by a gizzmo dealer that fits them in all sorts inclucing there drift cars and there 600 evo, how do u u dim the light down, as told them to sort it all out for me and them i hid it under my dash as dont trust my self with it really, with ur hybrid what is it fully spooled at as im running a ct9 hybrid with td04 internals and 360 baring at 1.05 bar and get it fully spooled atjust under 4k but want it lower really

DavidAshton

Member +
To dim it you just press the 2 buttons together for a few seconds and it dims.

Dont trust yourself with it???? Get playing with it or you will never learn or get the full potential from it. If your wanting it to spool quicker have a play with the gain and spike stop settings.

superspat

Member +
im gonna go get the insruction manual and have a play then i think:haha: and dim the light as didnt realise u could dim the light, cheers rep 4 u:)

ktl

Member +
yeah i hit 1 bar around 3800-4000 which is really late. I'v only put the gain upto 10-12 max ? when i get it back im going put it upto 20+ and mess about with it. i goto wait for my forge engine first then run it in lol!