GLANZA 4wd

Rondon

Hi,

Do you get a factory built 4wd? I've seen one for sale. I was told by someone they don't exist, the dealership said it has not been modded and they imported it.

Does anyone know ?

Thanks

R

SKINY

Lifer
an ep95 reflect model, the older gt shape are ep85, 4efe na power good base to make a monster, there's a fair few about converted to turbo too :)

Jay

Admin
Yes the chassis model of the Glanza and Starlet models is EP91, the four-paws are EP95. In Japan you could get a 4wd version of most models as the north is mountainous and wintry.

The EP95 is a factory built 4wd Starlet, available in 85bhp 4EFE. No turbo engines so there is no Glanza equivalent. This means that if you want one you have to build one which is no bad thing.

Making a Glanza into a 4WD involves modifying the floor and boot floor and rear suspension turrets which is a huge task for most. Making an EP95 into a turbo is much easier!

Here's a small thread on the earlier EP85 (this is the 4wd version of the EP82 model):

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/the-starlet-4wd-ep85-a-model-guide.53298/

Rondon

Thanks for feedback, Im looking for a Glanza auto. I found one in a dealership that got it as a trade in. They are saying it's a rare 2007 4wd Glanza. Are they talking nonsense?

As I was gonna buy it, but concerned it's a E85 that has been modded.

Did they make Glanzas till 2007?

Cheers

Rondon Mac Daddy

SKINY

Lifer
have you a link to the ad ?
as for rare 2007 4wd Glanza that is total lies lol 99 was the last year glanzas where built, 2007 will be the date of import/first UK registration:)

Jay

Admin
Hi Rondon,

EP91 is the frame designation for front wheel drive so you are looking for ep95 (four wheel drive).

They were produced from 1996-1999 so 2007 is probably just the date of import into the country.

The EP95 was never available in Glanza trim, it will likely be a Japanese non-turbo Reflet or Carat model.

Brief model guide:

Glanza V - Available in 3 door only, 2WD only, manual or auto.
Glanza S - Available in 3 door only, 2WD only, manual or auto.
Carat - Available in 3 or 5 door, 2WD or 4WD, and manual or auto.
Reflet - Available in 3 or 5 door, 2WD or 4WD, and manual or auto.

The V is the only turbo. The rest are 85ps 1.3 non-turbo but there was a diesel engine available too.

If you can give us a chassis number we can work it out, a link to the advert would make it easier to advise.

Jay

Reactions: Fez