Member +
my glanza was running 196.5 at the wheels and 234.4 at the fly
with the following mods

wepr tdo4 mani and down pipe and td04 turbo
excedy paddle clutch
walbro 255 fuel pump
tomie rrfrp
emanage blue with 3 bar map sencor
golf 1.8t fmic with custon bodge very short turbo to fmic pipe and custom s/s fmic to inlet, all reflective heat wrapped
hks high power full exhaust and fully heat wrapped
front moutn blitz filter
uprated leads and cheapo gapped plugs
blitx dual sbc boost controller set to around 1.1 bar
standard head and bottom end

1 wanted to crack the 200 at wheels and 240 at fly.
got my self a new blitz dual sbc to replace the gizzmo and it went back on to get it set it up ajust the map if needed and heres the results
at the fly
DSCF5269.jpg

at the wheels
DSCF5270.jpg

Last edited:

superspat

Member +
around the 1/1.1 but couldnt get the boost 100% stable so it jumps around a tiny bit, if you look ta the bottom graph you can see the boost line and at full boost around the 4k mark and hold roughtly around 1.1 but drops a bit between 5000k and 6100k

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
didnt even see that boost axis on the graph... doh!

what is the gain set at on the EBC? a gain too high can make the boost fluctuate

superspat

Member +
not sure mate, couldnt work out how ot set it properly and dont wanna touch it intill got my head round properly, but he set it up on the dyno and played around with gian but couldnt get it any more stable but i am running internal wastegate so its not to bad fluctuation really

Got.Boost

Fresh Recruit
I had a gizzmo than i got a blitz dual sbc spec r. now the blitz one is on it fill like the boost comes in alot smoother

superspat

Member +
the gizzmo is a very good boost controller for the money but at the end of the day you get what you pay for, to get good stable high boost you need to pay the money.
and i agree with you , the boost coming in quicker than before and much smoother and harder :)

rage

Lifer
hope your rods can keep up :) mine said bang after a while on 1.1 bar. went ok for around 15.000km
very nice figures though!

mark1991

Member +
very good result mate! i would be cuffed it mine made that ;) external wastegate? if so what spring are you running? ramping up boost on a low psi/bar spring could make it unstable? or thats what tuning developments told me as i wanted a 0.5bar spring but he advised a 0.8bar spring

superspat

Member +
No running internal w/g, but they tx are rite about needing stronger spring, I had a 0.5 in my old ct9 power kit but swapped for 0.8 and was much better at controlling the boost in a more stable way

kemnaychris

Member +
That's pretty gd mate I made that of my tongs hybrid :) n now I have a td12 n all I can say is there amazing made 260 bhp other week :) get your car forged n get it to 1.5 bar mate :-D

superspat

Member +
thats the plan, just waiting for funds so i can strip my 2nd engine got sat in my garage and get building but kids are taking all my free time so its just gonna have ot wait till next year till can actualy get round to forgeing it