GLANZA vin

Rondon

Hi Folks,

Need some advice asap. How do I check that a Glanza is a genuine Glanza, is there an identifier on the vin number? Where is the Vin plate. I'm getting my first Glanza this evening and I want to check it is definitely a Glanza and not a Starlet mocked up or a ringer. I'd really appreciate any advice Today.

Im bit anxious so any help from the Glanza community and look forward to joining the scene.

Many Thanks in advance

Ronz

Jay

Admin
Good to hear mate, the chassis plate is riveted to the bulkhead at the back of the engine bay. It's also engraved in that area too. If you PM it to me I can confirm it using the Toyota EPC.

Rondon

Hi Jay,

The v5 says Starlet 1.3, when I was putting in reg was coming up as a Starlet 1.3 Sportif?

Guy said..loads imports v5 incorrect.

So worried bought a ringer...I'll pm you details.

Thanks

Ronz

SKINY

Lifer
that's all perfect and normal buddy, ive never had an import come up correct on the system.
you will find it will be a car from year of import and not necessarily the same model/make
my v5 has no mention of Starlet at all, just sais 2 axl, Toyota

Rondon

Who would you recommend for insurance, Im 45, 9 years NCB and quotes are over 500 brick...thatcham , kept in garage , 5k miles.

Its got a stainless steel exhaust, the exit pipe is massive, Do performance exhausts have a massive pipe? How can I tell if it's a decent exhaust. The seller drove it up from the Wirral to Glasgow, asked me if i wanted to buy spares...they were already on it. Advert said wife's car and guy turned up with his girl friend. Feel like I been bumped....is there anyone in the Glasgow / east ayrshire area that is clued up on Glanzas?

What should I check...attached couple of pics of it...what you think

Cheers

R

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180728-163020_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180728-163020_eBay.jpg
    904.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180728-163727_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180728-163727_eBay.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Calum122

Member +
I think you're panicking too much!

That's clean man, and with such low miles according to its MOT it only has 70K on the clocks!

Jay

Admin
Looks spot on although the pics are a bit small.

96/97 V in Moonstone silver. Lovely.

Only thing of note is that the bumper strips are aftermarket but they actually seem to suit it. That rear window material is the factory stuff by the looks of it.

Any pics of the exhaust? If it's stamped Jasma that means it's Japanese (that's their version of the kitemark we get in Britain) and there should be an accompanying three digit code to tell you the manufacturer. Could just be a Japspeed or customer system though.

Health to drive!

SKINY

Lifer
oh aye that's tidy looking buddy :)
for insurance give greenlight a call they are the best in my opinion, I'm 40 full no claims, All mods declared, Thatcham 1 alarm etc parked in drive at night 225£ FC on a Modified car policy :)

Rondon

Its there any where you can get a workshop manual?

Can anyone recommend where you can get different front panel and glanza parts.

Cheers

R

SKINY

Lifer
Standard service parts like oils, brakes, filters etc Should be easy enough sourced from your local parts shop If they are anyway usefull. Toyota dealership just need your VIN number and can get most things, there is also Import car parts, tuning developments and a few others so no issues there,
I will warn you about the tuning developments site, it Can cause you to spend a lot and get your bank card took of ya, happened to a mate of mine.......:rolleyes::D

Rondon

Pmsl....what's deal with Remap...do you need a piggyback ECU pal? Like blue emanage?

Im looking for front panel with front mount intercool gap? Any ideaso_O